Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

rcook1 -> Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/29/2005 3:40:16 AM)

I'm trying to create a league that has teams from different seasons and therefore, different roster sizes. After I imported the teams, I skipped the draft because I did not want to add any fictional players. When I tried to go to Spring Training though, it didn't let me because all of the rosters weren't full.

My question is, if I had gone through the draft, would that have filled all the rosters? IIRC, there is an option to fill the rosters with scrubs, but it's been a while since I have played PureSim.

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

puresimmer -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/29/2005 3:47:13 AM)

In order to automaticaly fill the rosters with fictional players you should have run the draft. Then you will also get an option to just generate scrubs.

rcook1 -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/29/2005 6:28:52 AM)

Shaun - thanks for the quick reply. One follow-up question - is there a way to play with just the actual rosters, or do I need to generate scrubs to account for the fact that some teams import with as few as 21 players? I'm assuming that I need 35 to run Spring Training, but I'm not sure about that.

puresimmer -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/29/2005 2:24:55 PM)

Yea unfortunately some teams from some seasons just don't have enough players with sufficient stats to be modeled realistically in PureSim so you end up either filling out rosters with scrub players, young fictional players, or standard fictional players (in sandbox mode you will be prompted for this before running the draft).

Ideally in sandbox mode, you'll import the teams you want then maybe import/create additional players to fill out rosters and then run the draft -- the draft will stop once each team has it's roster filled out. Of course if you are really into it you can import/create complete rosters and skip the whole draft entirely.

Sometimes its fun to fill the draft pool with some good real players as well. This is the fun of sandbox mode, its pretty much up to you :)

1901hamel -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/30/2005 2:30:17 AM)

Shaun:
Your reply doesn't seem to match what you posted earlier at the puresim site. I was under the impression that you were going to alter the sandbox mode to let users decide if they wanted to have a draft, a FA period or sim players. The point was to get rid of sim players completely in sandbox mode. I think you were also going to fix it, so you could run multiple seasons, currently it flakes-out after the first seeason.
So what's the real story/plan?

puresimmer -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/30/2005 2:57:35 AM)

I'm not sure why you say that. I did exactly what I said.

Download the RC1 and give it a shot.

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Sandbox Mode - Spring Training Question (8/30/2005 5:07:20 AM)

I created my Decade of Champions association and at the end of every season, I'm asked if I want to have each of the different drafts (including if I want to create new players). I'm not sure what you may be doing wrong hamel, but i'm being prompted in each and every step- just as Shaun had said it would.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI