Can't detach units from Egyptian army (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Mackan -> Can't detach units from Egyptian army (8/31/2005 9:41:53 PM)

I'm playing Turkey and I can't detach any units from my Egyptian army. I want to replace some militia with Egyptian cavalry units... I've the same problem with an army build in Serbia...

Does minor countries build any new armies or corps? Egypt and Syria produce a lot of units, but no armies and corps...

/Mackan

ericbabe -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/1/2005 4:20:08 PM)

A protectorate's divisions can't be removed from the protectorate's army/corps.

Minor countries don't normally build new armies/corps. You should be able to use their divisions in your armies (and be able to detach them from your own armies.)

Ralegh -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/3/2005 4:51:03 AM)

There is, however, an exploit you can leverage.

Set the divisions you want out to AUTOJOIN a city. They will remove themselves from the army, and then you can put em somewhere else.

Naomi -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/15/2005 1:53:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralegh

There is, however, an exploit you can leverage.

Set the divisions you want out to AUTOJOIN a city. They will remove themselves from the army, and then you can put em somewhere else.

May I know how to detach (exploitatively) Italian Corps from Batavia Army (or Bavaria Army)? I once attached the former to the latter and found seemingly no way to detach it.

Ralegh -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/15/2005 5:07:33 AM)

Hmm - I will have to check. AFAIK, the "Italian Corps" is just a funny name for a normal French corps, and you should be able to attach and detach to your hearts content.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/15/2005 2:16:40 PM)

he might be talking about another one, I in my 1792 game, have a It Itaian Corps, that does not belong to France

so maybe he took over that province and got the troops and attached it to another protectorate army, and he is getting a double protectorate whammy

:)

carburo -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/15/2005 5:47:16 PM)

At least in the 1805 campaign, the Italian Corps belongs to, well, Italy. It’s a protectorate unit, and as such undetachable by any legal means. The “autojoin” exploit doesn’t work for Corps, so you are technically *%_ed. But you are not alone, I made that mistake once.

Naomi -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/16/2005 3:18:33 AM)

Yup. It's as detachable as a bad parasite.

ericbabe -> RE: Can't detach units from Egyptian army (9/16/2005 4:06:48 PM)

I've put this on my bug list, thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI