a few questions and a comment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar

Hentzau -> a few questions and a comment (9/7/2005 6:25:11 AM)

Questions:
1. Any plans for a Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar demo?

2. Any plans to upgrade TS: Alexander the Great to the Julius Caesar level?

Comment:
A war/campaign that seems like it might fit the engine well would be the Texas Revolution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution . Guess the audience for that might be too limited though.

Cheers [:D]

Deride -> RE: a few questions and a comment (9/7/2005 4:35:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hentzau
1. Any plans for a Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar demo?

There are currently no plans to create a demo for TS:JC. Since there is a demo for Alexander, we do believe that it gives the player a good feel for the battle system. TS:JC's enhancements on top of Alexander do not change the underlying mechanics very much, so we have felt that an Alexander demo along with screen shots from TS:JC was suffucient to give players an idea of what TS:JC is all about.

quote:

2. Any plans to upgrade TS: Alexander the Great to the Julius Caesar level?

I assume by "upgrade", you mean a more fully 3D-world. Unfortunately, such an undertaking would require a significant amount of work (i.e., we would not recoup our costs.) Instead, we would rather push forward with new projects and games.

And, frankly, I really do believe that Alexander is a great game in its own right -- just the way it is. I'm personally more of an Alexander fan that a Julius Caesar fan, and I really enjoy the cutscenes and interesting battles that Alexander has. The AI is actually very different too, as it fights like the Persians and rewards the player for using the tactics of Alexander. While the fixed camera view of Alexander is not as "pretty" as TS:JC, I do think it is still attractive and only enhances the overall excellent game play.

quote:

Comment:
A war/campaign that seems like it might fit the engine well would be the Texas Revolution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution . Guess the audience for that might be too limited though.

In case you didn't know, Koios Works is a Texas company. Having been through the mandatory Texas History classes in junior high school, we are fairly well versed in the whole war and the major battles. While it might be an interesting conflict to build a game around, as you said, it would likely have a very limited audience. In order to stay in business and continue making games, we have to be very aware of what the marketplace would be willing to buy, so doing a game based on the Texas Revolution would likely lead to negative results for us.

Thanks for the questions and comment,
Deride

Hentzau -> RE: a few questions and a comment (9/8/2005 7:07:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deride

I assume by "upgrade", you mean a more fully 3D-world.

Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks for the replies!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI