Well..well..well..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

JPuhala -> Well..well..well..... (9/15/2005 6:20:58 AM)

Dave can take a vacation ....Matrix can just sit there and watch potential sales go out the window...If anyone thinks that this game will ever get out to the public .I have a tanker of crude oil for sale at $0.01 per gallon. So how can any business man who wants to make a dent in a market that could blown open with his product go on vacation .Even if his wife complains..she will get the money rewards also.You take a vacation once everything is done.So as many of you hold your breathe for this game ..have you atleast started to question Dave's and Matrix's committment on getting this game done ? It took 989 sports 2 years to make Gameday.. and Front Page Sports(Sierra) did it under 3 years.. so Dave and Matrix can not get it done.Matrix cares about War and Simulation Action Games ...they are also just dragging their feet(even worst than Dave).
So anyone from Matrix or even David need to prove to all of the people who care about another Football PC game..they can deliver.

LA56 -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/15/2005 8:26:32 PM)

Your kidding right?? Your comparing two companies (which I will safely assume had more than one developer and a little more cash... sarcasm intended ) and their production schedules to an individual (and i stress individual) making a game! yeah... fair comparison there...

I love people that claim to have been sitting around for the past 3-4 years waiting for this game to come out and are complaining about the speed. I got a great idea! Buy a couple of computer books and go program one yourself... it should take all of 2-3 years if you follow the schedules of Sierra and Gameday.[8|]

mudrick -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/15/2005 8:31:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPuhala

If anyone thinks that this game will ever get out to the public .I have a tanker of crude oil for sale at $0.01 per gallon.

That tanker would do me no good anyway. Try putting crude oil in your gas tank. Just like complaining about this games release will do me no good, so I don't.

quote:

Even if his wife complains..

If he just got married, i am guessing it is their honeymoon. Complaining would be the least of his problems if he canceled that.

Hanal -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/16/2005 12:11:35 AM)

Are we talking about a person taking some well earned time away from developing a GAME, or finding a cure for cancer here?......[8|]

Orange Shoes -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/16/2005 2:22:26 AM)

Are you kidding me? Sorry JP. [:-] GET REAL! Dave has been working like mad for years on this game.

Himself.

D^&* right he deserves to take a break. The man is getting married, which I suspect was planned long before the **?required?** inclusion of career mode put the game release further back.

Y'know if you don't like it, take your ball and go home.

Better yet, YOU build the software faster and more complete. By yourself, without EA type research dollars.

It will get done when it is done. If you can't make constructive comments, stick to Jim Rome.

JPuhala -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/17/2005 8:39:08 AM)

well.. lets see..how many times has there been a release date..3 times and then it changes for some reason.As for building a game my self..I would rather not.Tell me it was placed in a beta test just rescently,again...now it will be again another 2 years...Well if Matrix wanted this game so much ..they can back him or is Matrix just playing around in backing Dave.I am allowed my opinion and you with yours.So tell me why not get the game out...or is the game falling by the wayside.

Deft -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/17/2005 8:51:46 AM)

Dave, you need to get your priorities straight.
An escapist game about an escapist entertainment over your personal relationships or happiness.[;)]

Have a good wedding and better marriage!

Sarge -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/17/2005 7:03:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPuhala

well.. lets see..how many times has there been a release date..3 times and then it changes for some reason.As for building a game my self..I would rather not.Tell me it was placed in a beta test just rescently,again...now it will be again another 2 years...Well if Matrix wanted this game so much ..they can back him or is Matrix just playing around in backing Dave.I am allowed my opinion and you with yours.So tell me why not get the game out...or is the game falling by the wayside.

Matrix is the "PUBLISHER" not the "DEVELOPER" [;)]

Trust me Matrix is in the business of selling games not delaying there release. If they are saying there is a delay , its pretty much for a good reason. Maybe the title was not as close to release (final build)comming to Matrix as you would like to think. [;)]

mudrick -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/17/2005 8:21:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge
Trust me Matrix is in the business of selling games not delaying there release. If they are saying there is a delay , its pretty much for a good reason. Maybe the title was not as close to release (final build)comming to Matrix as you would like to think. [;)]

Please, what does that matter? The only thing that matters is that the game is released. Finished or not. Preferably unfinished so we can stomp our feet and ask why it was released too early. Then whine about the patch, and it taking too long.

Do you guys have any idea how bad you sound? To my knowledge no one has pre-ordered. This is not a patch to fix a game that was already bought. No potential buyer stands to lose any money from a delay. Nor do they stand to gain any money from it's release. There is only one variable left. It's not hard to figure out. [sm=crazy.gif]

GlennN -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/18/2005 6:32:55 PM)

I still don't get the venom and ultimatums (sp?) people post here. Like Deft said, this is just a game . . relax. And, hey, if y'all can't wait for MaxFB, then just go buy the competition (tongue in cheek) and you won't have to worry about MaxFB. Me? Madden ain't cutting it. I'll stick with NFL2k5 for my XBox and just patiently wait for MaxFB to get released. I would still rather the game be done, and done right, than just have it released last month. The career mode, IMHO, is a GREAT addition. If we can avoid patches right at release, which seems to be the norm these days, I'll be thrilled. When MaxFB is released, I'll be there with money in hand - until then, David, take your time and do it right!

bigticket -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/19/2005 1:26:31 PM)

That's right David take your time. You've added career mode now you need to go back and add H2H online.

tiredoftryingnames -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/19/2005 4:55:08 PM)

This thread is a joke right? I mean you're not seriously comparing corporate games done by a team to a programmer. If you are then take the advice given and go learn some programming and crank out a football game for yourself. I'm sure you can get it done in a short amount of time given your expertise in the game industry.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Well..well..well..... (9/19/2005 5:24:26 PM)

Frankly, these comments are baseless. David is working hard on the game, as are we all. Locking this up.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI