Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War

SkyElf -> Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! (9/15/2005 9:28:32 AM)

Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games!

I'm disappointed that your Diplomats do not give you any information on who has Diplomats in counties or Embassy were you have a Diplomat stationed in there country, if they are at war with anyone and who it is, and know who has Equal Citizenship with other countries. In general your Diplomat would know this information and keep you informed of this information even if there is travel time delay but I remembered seeing a map on how fast information travelled threw various means like gossip, etc. That is in three of your games I own now that all fall short in this area, Legion, Gates of Troy and Spartan! Didn't your player tester every thing to ask for more Diplomatic Information? [&:]

IainMcNeil -> RE: Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! (9/15/2005 3:02:47 PM)

The more experienced your diplomat the more he will tell you. There is no concept of war & peace so there is nothing to report there. It reports best friend & worst enemy though.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! (9/16/2005 12:32:52 AM)

Knowing the identify of diplomats in another country isn't what I'd call particularly useful information. You can scan the map to see who is actively at war with each other.

I don't know enough of the history of the diplomacy of the era to comment, but having an option for a hard truce/peace of x number of terms would be interesting if not very useful. Countries w/ which you have good relations rarely attack you and a diplomat in a country that is angry at you wouldn't last long enough to effect a truce/peace option.

Off topic, but this and legion are the only games I've ever owned that have never crashed on me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI