Does it matter at all? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Big B -> Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:17:59 PM)

Just a little reality check here,
There have been many posts by many people who have done all kinds of research - to establish that something in the game is wrong. Some get pretty heated.

My question is:
OTHER THAN FIXING DEMONSTRATED GAME BUGS, has ANYTHING in the game ever been officially changed because of the views argued from the posts on this forum?

Has Matrix ever changed the values assigned to game units? Has squadron X and ship Y ever been changed because someone here proved that they were incorrectly rated?

Just curious,

B

rtrapasso -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:30:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

There have been many posts by many people who have done all kinds of research - to establish that something in the game is wrong. Some get pretty heated.

My question is:
OTHER THAN FIXING DEMONSTRATED GAME BUGS, has ANYTHING in the game ever been officially changed because of the views argued from the posts on this forum?

Has Matrix ever changed the values assigned to game units? Has squadron X and ship Y ever been changed because someone here proved that they were incorrectly rated?

Just curious,

B

Oh, sure - lots of stuff changed in previous versions. This is unlikely to occur now (except for demonstrated bugs)...

Apollo11 -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:44:17 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

My question is:

Just curious,

B

Several of the game features were added or chnaged (from UV days) as per my own ideas!

Just ask "Mr. Frag" (moderator and WitP guru - now absent becaus eof real-life work project) how I was pestering him... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

bradfordkay -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:45:36 PM)

Big B, a lot of changes were made to the game based on discussions in this forum. However, 2by2/Matrix has stated that no more changes will be contemplated, other than bug fixes. That's why I've been amused by some of those recent discussions.

Big B -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:52:37 PM)

So the consensus seems to be:

"Oh yes! In the early days they listened to us...but that door is pretty much closed now"

So if that's true, we'd have just as much luck writing to "Dear Abbey"

Kind of puts all this in perspective I guess.

B

rtrapasso -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 6:58:46 PM)

quote:

So the consensus seems to be:

"Oh yes! In the early days they listened to us...but that door is pretty much closed now"

So if that's true, we'd have just as much luck writing to "Dear Abbey"

Kind of puts all this in perspective I guess.

B

I think people hope that 2x3/Matrix will change their minds and continue development of the game in some form.

Personally, i think that it (continued development) is unlikely, but i have been surprised before - i never thought that there would WITP after UV came out.

My hope is that they will release the code in some form (some day), so development might continue, in which case arguments might in fact be useful in shaping the direction of said development.

mdiehl -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 7:11:24 PM)

quote:

My hope is that they will release the code in some form (some day), so development might continue, in which case arguments might in fact be useful in shaping the direction of said development.

That'd be great but it's not the sort of thing I'd press them on. Proprietary code and all that; they wrote it and they deserve the profits, even if as a sim it is a significant failure that cries for refinement.

It's sufficiently close to the old Gary Grigsby's Pacific War with respect to the inflated Japanese capabilities in all respects that IMO frankly the older game is the better game. It certainly takes less time to play, and doesn't have so much detailed simulation of things that haven't been properly indexed against reality.

rtrapasso -> RE: Does it matter at all? (9/15/2005 7:22:20 PM)

quote:

That'd be great but it's not the sort of thing I'd press them on. Proprietary code and all that; they wrote it and they deserve the profits, even if as a sim it is a significant failure that cries for refinement.

No - not pressing them on it, nor planning to, 'tis merely a hope.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI