Troops Won't move (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

YohanTM2 -> Troops Won't move (9/19/2005 1:31:10 PM)

I have been getting overrun in a PBEM as Russia. I have 2 decent armies next to Moscow but for 3 straight turns they would not move the one zone to protect their capital?

Is there a rationale for this? I would understand that if with poor national morale they would not launch offensive operations but I would think they would come to the aid fo their capital?

pricemc1 -> RE: Troops Won't move (9/19/2005 5:24:15 PM)

I'm guessing they were in snow zones. Snow seems to prevent units from moving and depots from being placed in some circumstances.

Mike

Ralegh -> RE: Troops Won't move (9/19/2005 5:44:01 PM)

good one Mike.
The other possibility is that you were detaching divisions from the army or corps - that can cause the army to pass its turn.

YohanTM2 -> RE: Troops Won't move (9/20/2005 4:59:57 AM)

Nope, neither applies.

gustavus -> RE: Troops Won't move (9/20/2005 12:16:36 PM)

If you select an army and place the cursor over another province, do you get a movement arrow to the other province?

I've experienced this when I edited the provincefile and accidently removed some indexnumbers, all units became stuck in their province and couldn't move anywhere.

Naomi -> RE: Troops Won't move (9/20/2005 4:21:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

I have been getting overrun in a PBEM as Russia. I have 2 decent armies next to Moscow but for 3 straight turns they would not move the one zone to protect their capital?

Is there a rationale for this? I would understand that if with poor national morale they would not launch offensive operations but I would think they would come to the aid fo their capital?

I ran into this kind of problem in about one in ten games, where I had to wait for a battle occuring nearby so I could call the "standing-still" army to go to aid as reinforcements. This is one of the ways the problem could be put right. Or, if there had been no such battle for too long, I would choose to send auto-join orders to individual divisions and commanders within the problematic army so they could move again, though the army counter would have to be sacrificed anyway. (-,-)"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI