Online Play through a Router (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar

canuckgamer -> Online Play through a Router (9/24/2005 5:40:37 AM)

I see that this game can be played by TCP/IP. I now have two Pcs hooked up through a router. I've found that a game that I used to be able to host for TCP/IP no longer works because of the firewall of the router. Can anyone using a router tell me if they have been able to host games for TCP/IP play?

Also if I was to purchase this game would the digital download still work through my router?

Thanks.

Murky71 -> RE: Online Play through a Router (9/24/2005 10:51:30 AM)

I have been able to play Alexander the Great (the first in the series) through a router. If I remember correcty, I put my PC in the so called DMZ. This means that the router no longer stops any traffic to that computer. Most routers I know have this feature or something similar. Off course installing a firewall on the computer would be wise if you haven't already.

Maybe you can try this with the game you mentioned. It may also involve opening certain ports to enable traffic to and from the pc. Try googling with the name of the game and something like 'ports' or 'open ports'.

BTW if you can download anything else, you should be fine here as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI