A few strange things in the AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Mathusalem -> A few strange things in the AI (9/27/2005 11:00:57 AM)

The AI acts sometimes a strange way....
In detailed battle, as russian, my cavalry charged and captured a french supply caisson, and I had an unexpected succes: it told me that Napoleon had been killed. Putting a general with a supply is suicide. Generals stacking might be improved.
I also saw Austria having four fleet in harbour, three being empty while the fourth one has only two ships. Money lost, isn't it ?
Generals having lost their troops, instead of wandering anywhere, should have some chance of coming back home or becoming prisoneers.
[&:]

Grand_Armee -> RE: A few strange things in the AI (9/27/2005 12:40:07 PM)

I once trusted development to my development advisor. I was saving up linen to make some new corps. Lo and behold I had 2 new fleets...with no ships to put into them.

Generals wandering will sometimes get arrested in your territory.

It's a good thing that an AI can't be completely as smart or as devious as a human...otherwise you might wake up feeling like Emilio Estevez in Maximum Overdrive...at least I think it was called Maximum Overdrive. ...loved the pop machine that took out the whole little-league team with unerring accuracy.

Naomi -> RE: A few strange things in the AI (9/27/2005 10:41:42 PM)

As a beginner, I wish AI could be less smart to leave room for being trumped. Now, it seems inept and lethargic. (A large part of the Royal Navy stayed idle in "my" Illyria's port for centries-long.) It has no new tricks up their sleeve, or so it appears. (Russian troops came along the same routes - by Brandenburg and Pressburg - in small hordes, hastening the accumulation of my wealth of glory points and hence the end of the game. A great AI! It knew it was losing so it desired the game to end sooner, but it forgot I had chosen "highest glory" as the victory condition [:'(].) But it never means COG is not appealing, instead it is, as I always trust it is on a rising track of quality. (A new patch is on its way, right?) *(~.~)*

Grand_Armee -> RE: A few strange things in the AI (9/28/2005 12:30:03 AM)

Hopefully the new patch will allow people (even those on dialup) to play head-to-head. No computer game will ever be able to play as well (or as deviously without cheating) as a human. No matter how good the AI, we eventually find it's weaknesses.

...this AI can still hose you pretty good. Sending one div of cossacks to take a city you've been beseiging for months; Putting your troops in ravine filled territory when you've chosen detailed battle; Putting your caissons so out of reach that your entire army is without ammo before the first one can get into supplying range. Still, a human touch is much more deft.

My biggest thing now is to avoid the "Badboy" spot. I hate being at war with everyone at once. Being second is much more fun.

pricemc1 -> RE: A few strange things in the AI (9/28/2005 8:22:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mathusalem

Generals having lost their troops, instead of wandering anywhere, should have some chance of coming back home or becoming prisoneers.
[&:]

Actually I think the game should be modded so that Generals are normally captured if their attached unit is captured. Maybe allow some % chance that they escape from that. There should be a signficant chance they are captured if they are alone and an enemy unit moves through their territory.

Mike

Naomi -> RE: A few strange things in the AI (9/28/2005 10:05:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grand_Armee

Hopefully the new patch will allow people (even those on dialup) to play head-to-head. No computer game will ever be able to play as well (or as deviously without cheating) as a human. No matter how good the AI, we eventually find it's weaknesses.

...this AI can still hose you pretty good. Sending one div of cossacks to take a city you've been beseiging for months; Putting your troops in ravine filled territory when you've chosen detailed battle; Putting your caissons so out of reach that your entire army is without ammo before the first one can get into supplying range. Still, a human touch is much more deft.

My biggest thing now is to avoid the "Badboy" spot. I hate being at war with everyone at once. Being second is much more fun.

Badboy is inevitable. My game in progress is about France rising to be the baddie but Spain and Turkey are yet allies (given that they are fighting - and seem to continue to do so indefinitely - exactly the same pack of foes as mine). (^,^)v

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI