A Quick Start (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

puck4604 -> A Quick Start (10/2/2005 7:00:49 AM)

Instead of attempting to teach the game mechanics while playing through a scenario, I instead grabbed Map 14, and put together a couple of American and German patrols (with leaders and support weapons), and then ran a "Capture the Flag" sort of demo.

Had our four month old son cooperated, my wife would have gotten the basics of LnL down without any problems. He didn't, she didn't, so we'll try again tomorrow.

WO1GKW -> RE: A Quick Start (10/2/2005 5:01:06 PM)

Any details of the setup? What units did you use?What objectives did the patrols have to push the action? This would make a neat AAR - or Quick start as the thread says. I'm interested!

puck4604 -> RE: A Quick Start (10/2/2005 6:43:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WO1GKW

Any details of the setup? What units did you use?What objectives did the patrols have to push the action? This would make a neat AAR - or Quick start as the thread says. I'm interested!

I used two squads for each side, as follows:

Americans--Elements of 101st Airborne Infantry

2x2-5-4
1x2-5-4, BAR
Major Tom

3x2-5-4
1x1-4-4
1xM1919A4
Sgt. Hill

Germans--Elements of 6th Fallschirmjager Regiment

1x3-3-4
2x2-3-4
1xMG34
Lt. Frietag

1x3-3-4
1x2-3-4
1x1-2-4
1xMG42
Lt. Praun

Both sets of squads were taken directly from the "Carentan" scenario.

Using Map 14, the Germans had taken over the buildings (D2, and E1 & F2) and the grounds surrounding them (E2, F3, G2) as a forward command post.

The Americans had learned this information and sent to the two squads to verify and capture the command post. Major Tom's squad entered the area on open ground from the south (D8), while Sgt. Hill's squad was following the road (H8).

That was the start of the demo.

I explained spotting, impulses, rallying, and movement, turn sequencing, etc., by using the American forces (my wife likes playing the bad guys) for examples.

She shuffled around some of her units, took a couple of shots at my units...Major Tom and his unit had moved to a building just south of the German position (D6), while Sgt. Hill's squad was trying to flank the Germans by moving in a NE direction (ending up in the I3 hex).

At this point we had to call it quits, as the little one was not cooperating.

Hope this helps!
[:)]

WO1GKW -> RE: A Quick Start (10/3/2005 11:02:05 PM)

Thanks for the info - I'll give it a try myself!

markhwalker -> RE: A Quick Start (10/4/2005 1:13:05 PM)

More often than not, that's how I teach the game. I had MarcSwanebeck playing within five minutes.

Best,

Mark

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI