AR's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Crimguy -> AR's (10/3/2005 6:12:42 AM)

Do they do anything to help other ships in a TF while at sea?

rogueusmc -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 6:14:56 AM)

other ships fuel off of them...

Crimguy -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 6:25:17 AM)

How about helping a BB that sprung a leak, and FLT damage is rising above 90 with 600 miles to port?

rogueusmc -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 6:28:32 AM)

nothing at sea...they have to be disbanded in port to get the ARs help.

Mattremote -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 1:47:42 PM)

quote:

a BB that sprung a leak
?!?!?!?!?!

Did it just sort of happen (spontaneous disappearance of the rivets), or did one of the crew pull the cork?

Nikademus -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 8:27:37 PM)

a warship with 50+% SYS can suffer FLT damage while at sea even if at 0%

Bradley7735 -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 8:35:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

What what what!!!!

That's news to me. I've never seen it in any of my games, but it definitely makes sense.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 9:14:59 PM)

quote:

never seen abd I have alot BB's with 50 Sys damage at sea right now in one of my games and I had them in other games before ...never ever seen

to come back to the original question : You need to have the AR in Port ( disband the TF ) for make value of thsi ship. It adds an extra point of port size if the port is a small one and it adds the chance of the dice roll to repair a ship. up to 4 AR's in a port give maximum Bonus. Adding a Fleet HQ will gives you an extra bonus too.

Mark VII -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 9:20:41 PM)

Will additional Fleet HQ's help out in the hex or is one the max that will help with ship repairs?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf
to come back to the original question : You need to have the AR in Port ( disband the TF ) for make value of thsi ship. It adds an extra point of port size if the port is a small one and it adds the chance of the dice roll to repair a ship. up to 4 AR's in a port give maximum Bonus. Adding a Fleet HQ will gives you an extra bonus too.

rtrapasso -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 9:25:46 PM)

quote:

Will additional Fleet HQ's help out in the hex or is one the max that will help with ship repairs?

This is a new one - never seen it come up before.

I **SUSPECT** that they would help - the effectiveness of the HQ is based on the number of support squads, so by adding more support squads, it might help (i think the formula is support squads/90 = bonus, so i think the best Allied Naval HQ (Asiastic Fleet, which can get up to 360 support squads) gives +4 bonus.

This would be interesting to try out.

Nikademus -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 10:18:13 PM)

You'll probably never see it if Allied, the DC bonus will see to that. I have had a heavily damaged CV 'spring' a leak on a couple occasions while transiting back to Japan. Just gotta keep an eye on it and travel in incremements from base to base.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: AR's (10/3/2005 10:52:45 PM)

nono, the fact that a fleet HQ unit is present at a base with repair yard facility gives a bonus to repair - it was like 4 AR + 1 Fleet HQ = Bonus to dice roll for repairs. loooooooooooooong time a go that Frag posted like this. but it doesnt matter if you have an additional AR, say 5 in port. 4 AR's is max that can help.

Crimguy -> RE: AR's (10/4/2005 7:29:42 AM)

OK so if you have a ship that's taken damage, is there anything you can do to help it out, or is it at the mercy of shipboard damage control?

I've played dozens of games where I'd send a few BB's to safety at Seattle and SF for repairs. I usually wait for the ship to hit 0 flt. In a recent game, however, I was very concerned my opponent would keep KB around for some repeat attacks on PH, so I sent the lot of the BB's east. Tennessee sank, and Nevada is at 96 FLT and making 0 kts. I figure he's going to be a reef pretty soon.

Cmdrcain -> RE: AR's (10/4/2005 8:51:16 AM)

quote:

You'll probably never see it if Allied, the DC bonus will see to that. I have had a heavily damaged CV 'spring' a leak on a couple occasions while transiting back to Japan. Just gotta keep an eye on it and travel in incremements from base to base.

That assumes that allied advanced DC is ON, it can be turned off...

Sardaukar -> RE: AR's (10/4/2005 2:27:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

This is a new one - never seen it come up before.

I **SUSPECT** that they would help - the effectiveness of the HQ is based on the number of support squads, so by adding more support squads, it might help (i think the formula is support squads/90 = bonus, so i think the best Allied Naval HQ (Asiastic Fleet, which can get up to 360 support squads) gives +4 bonus.

This would be interesting to try out.

Nikademus said that bonus is Support squads/100. Asiatic Fleet is very useful to save, usually I get in into Darwin that I use as sub base.

Damien Thorn -> RE: AR's (10/5/2005 12:11:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain

That assumes that allied advanced DC is ON, it can be turned off...

I suspect that allied dammage control is still twice as good as Japanese even if that option is turned off. I don't think they ever said both sides were equal if the improved allied damage control was turned off. Maybe I'm wrong. This feeling is just based on my observations from playing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI