October update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

oi_you_nutter -> October update (10/3/2005 10:56:29 PM)

hello and welcome to the October (2005) GoA update thread

we have heard of builds being tested and a website being prepared, so any other news ?

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/7/2005 5:01:52 AM)

Despite having over 200 hits, the fact that no one even takes the time to support this thread shows that interest in this game has decidedly waned....I hope Matrix takes note and tries to provide at least a morsel of positive information.....

Dirtdog20 -> RE: October update (10/7/2005 10:17:15 PM)

My intrest hasnt waned in the least. My frustration at not even a "well it just quite there yet" is on the otherhand not waning either.

On my WWI front I have taken abreak from painting Germans and spent time researching trenches, the construction, and eventual evolution into strong points. Basicly meaning for myself that I will be building at least 4 different types of front line trenches. Communication and support trenches will just add to my list of stuff to do.

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/8/2005 12:24:02 AM)

So we now know of three people planning to buy it....[;)]

wodin -> RE: October update (10/8/2005 3:16:07 AM)

Zzzz....

No seriously this game seems to have hit a massive brick wall.

sol_invictus -> RE: October update (10/9/2005 2:22:22 AM)

Falcon, don't forget, I bought it over three years ago.[:)]

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/9/2005 4:08:56 AM)

All I can say is that if the game goes belly up, you should not only receive a refund, but with compounded interest!

Moltke71 -> RE: October update (10/9/2005 4:53:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Zzzz....

No seriously this game seems to have hit a massive brick wall.

Not really. As I said somewhere else, Frank and Matrix are trading versions. Also Frank is working on Black Powder Wars and that seems to be approaching completion. Probably because the holidays are looming and Boney has better selling power.

TheBlackhorse -> RE: October update (10/9/2005 4:55:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

So we now know of three people planning to buy it....[;)]

Make it four.

Hard Sarge -> RE: October update (10/9/2005 11:05:45 PM)

Don't sell it short, when it is ready, I am sure there will be plenty more interested

I just got done reading Guns of August, so I am very interested in this title

(which, to be honest, I think my hobby is buying games)

sol_invictus -> RE: October update (10/10/2005 7:23:27 AM)

Let's see; if I had put the $20.00 in a T-Bill on July 28, 2002, I would have accumulated, with compounded interest.............[;)]

Nordiska -> RE: October update (10/10/2005 3:10:49 PM)

I've been coming to this forum (rarely posting but always reading) and Empires in Arms for years. I'm wondering which one will come out first.

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/10/2005 3:15:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nordiska

I've been coming to this forum (rarely posting but always reading) and Empires in Arms for years. I'm wondering which one will come out first.

I look forward to Empires in Arms too and I will say that, at least over there, Marshall Ellis keeps you updated on what is going on. Because of the fact the EoA has a website and a developer who knows their forum community exists, I would put my money on EoA....

Executioner Five -> RE: October update (10/10/2005 11:20:40 PM)

This whole situation is ridiculous. Matrix's whole attitude towards the people waiting patiently for this game seems to be "F*U*C*K you, you don't matter".

Every day that passes without an update of some kind from Frank, or SOME kind of word on when APPROXIMATELY we may be able to expect a release, makes it that much lower a chance I'll shell out the money for this piece of vaporware. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel exactly as I do.

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/11/2005 12:42:47 AM)

Hey, calm down...it's just a game, and while we are all amusing ourselves concerning its' status, there is no need to burst an artery over it......I still think EiA will beat CoG by a nose.....[:D]

Sarge -> RE: October update (10/13/2005 7:15:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Executioner Five

This whole situation is ridiculous. Matrix's whole attitude towards the people waiting patiently for this game seems to be "F*U*C*K you, you don't matter".

Every day that passes without an update of some kind from Frank, or SOME kind of word on when APPROXIMATELY we may be able to expect a release, makes it that much lower a chance I'll shell out the money for this piece of vaporware. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel exactly as I do.

[:D]
WoW ....and just think your only 9 post into your membership.

Lets get this straight

Your sick of not getting updates and are sick of waiting around since what.....5/2/05.
I think you need to calm down and get a grip, I would hate to see what you would be like six months from now [X(].

Balthazar Gerards -> RE: October update (10/13/2005 8:09:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

quote:

Lets get this straight

Your sick of not getting updates and are sick of waiting around since what.....5/2/05.
I think you need to calm down and get a grip, I would hate to see what you would be like six months from now [X(].

Please don't judge someone's opinion by the date someone has joined the Matrix forum.
Me, for example, joined in july '05, but been following the GoA forum since Frank joined Matrix: somewhere around march 2003 I think?

What made you so upset must be the rude language and agressive tone of Executioner Five[:-], on which I agree.

lancerunolfsson -> RE: October update (10/13/2005 12:05:07 PM)

I think there is a lot to be said for the HPS policy of just not even saying a game is in the pipe line untill it is ready to ship. Then just make sure you get some game out every couple of months so people keep checking your web site:^)

Sarge -> RE: October update (10/14/2005 1:54:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Balthazar Gerards

Please don't judge someone's opinion by the date someone has joined the Matrix forum.
Me, for example, joined in july '05, but been following the GoA forum since Frank joined Matrix: somewhere around march 2003 I think?

What made you so upset must be the rude language and agressive tone of Executioner Five[:-], on which I agree.

Yes agreed

But anyone posting that kind of garbage is fair game [;)]

sol_invictus -> RE: October update (10/14/2005 6:38:36 PM)

One must be patient to be a wargamer and a Matrix patron.[;)]

mbatch729 -> RE: October update (10/19/2005 1:46:09 AM)

Given David H's rather terse comments on sending the latest build back, I'd say Matrix is not happy with the current product. I must admit, I am (was?) rather looking forward to this one. A forgotten topic in computer wargames, IMHO. I think Frank's time is rather tied up in other products, and this one may be a long time coming...

General Disclaimer - Not associated w/Matrix in any way other than as a happy customer, nor involved in the development/testing of this game.

marc420 -> RE: October update (10/21/2005 1:04:01 AM)

I'd say that the race between this game and Empire in Arms is the race between two glaciers ....

Except all the real-world glaciers are melting and moving backwards.

marc420 -> RE: October update (10/21/2005 1:04:46 AM)

BTW, nice trick. From the title of the thread, I thought if I read down throught the messages I might actually find an October update. Silly me.

Hanal -> RE: October update (10/21/2005 2:23:45 AM)

And just think, we'll soon have a November update thread coming to a Matrix Forum near you.....let joy be unbound!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI