Will Mines Stop Submarines? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

GaryChildress -> Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 4:29:38 AM)

Has anyone tried mining a harbor before to stop enemy subs from camping out in them? If so, does it work? Will enemy submarines hit mines in a harbor?

Thanks,

[&:]

Gary

Nomad -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 4:48:57 AM)

Gary, my tenitive answer is yes. But, they may have to move into or out of the hex to hit a mine. I have seen subs hit mines, not often but it does happen. I do not think mines will be an effective sub deterant. [8D]

Brady -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 5:04:33 AM)

I hvae interdicted, or rather, atmepted to Sub rescue/resuply operations with mines, most notably aganst Mogami, ask him how efective they have been.

Nomad -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 5:10:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

I hvae interdicted, or rather, atmepted to Sub rescue/resuply operations with mines, most notably aganst Mogami, ask him how efective they have been.

Translation please. [:D] Brady, you been out [sm=party-smiley-012.gif][sm=party-smiley-012.gif][sm=party-smiley-012.gif] ( I love that smilie [8D] )

Brady -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 5:21:20 AM)

I sank a few of his subs with mines...Just how efective they were is realy a matter of how they efected his planing and future operations, the threat of mines has an efect all it's own.

Feinder -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 8:21:32 AM)

Defensive mines in your base will have a chance at disabling or sinking a sub. I sent a 25x sub TF with the whole raider btn vs. a base (that was mined). One sub hit a mine, and sank about 3 turns later. I figured it was mined, but I have no idea how many there were.

-F-

ChezDaJez -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 8:39:04 AM)

I mined the allied port of Koepang and had the Seadragon strike a mine. She didn't sink but my opponent says it was heavily damaged. That is the only sub I've known to strike a mine.

Chez

Slauhtermeyer -> RE: Will Mines Stop Submarines? (10/5/2005 9:25:15 AM)

I did a test as Japs vs. the AI in the Aug. 42 campaign by having all of the minelayers that start in Japan (I think there are 13 of them) drop mines into the hex that has 3 Allied subs. It was a deep ocean hex, so I know that it has a 50 percent decay rate, but still no hits. Most likely there were no hits because I think that the program checks for mine hits only when ships enter a hex, and will not keep checking for mine hits for ships that stay in a hex.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI