A dream come true (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

SurrenderMonkey -> A dream come true (10/6/2005 7:36:05 PM)

Can't tell you how excited I am. Well done, Matrix! Up until now, you've been running a close second to Paradox in my book. Now it's neck-and-neck! [:D] Excellent!

Let me be the first to post suggestions - I've been playing these games non-stop since they were published, and there's a tight club at the Blitz that has invested heavily in mods, upgrades, etc.

1) bigger maps
2) longer scenarios - (need to the ammo rules)
3) a functional dynamic campaign mode, or the ability to design Linked Campaigns
4) more units, more terrain, more weather (see PB#1 mod at the Blitz)

Wolfie1 -> RE: A dream come true (10/6/2005 7:48:06 PM)

Both the Blitz and WarfareHQ have huge wishlists for these, I hope Matrix take note of them.

David Heath -> RE: A dream come true (10/6/2005 8:13:56 PM)

Hi Guys

We have and are taking notes. I will not promise what or when just yet but I am personally am looking forward to this project.

David

johnhulten -> RE: A dream come true (10/6/2005 8:20:06 PM)

Thank you MATRIX!!!

Tiger88_slith -> RE: A dream come true (10/6/2005 9:23:08 PM)

David - over at the blitz we have held many discussions with what we all would love to see changed/created/updated/etc.....please, please contact the following.....

jimm@theblitz.org (Club Owner)

markh@theblitz.org (Club Owner)

jjgrayson@mindspring.com (Webmaster)

randyp@theblitz.org (Campaign Series Commander)

We are ALL just terribly excited that Matrix has published the rights to this series of games. We truly hope that you will listen to us "shareholders" so to speak....we are truly loyal as well!

Thanks for listening!

Warhorse -> RE: A dream come true (10/6/2005 11:45:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Guys

We have and are taking notes. I will not promise what or when just yet but I am personally am looking forward to this project.

David

Hey David, long time no see!! I've been working on a Korean War mod for Talonsofts Divided Ground, would be awesome if someone with coding skills could lend a hand!! I've got most the oobs done, graphics for the countries, and the 2dicon files, also the exe changes that I could do, but there are limitations to the engine, are you guys able to tinker with them also, or just publish whats avail??!!![:D]

Best regards,
Mike

David Heath -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 1:18:01 AM)

Hi Mike

Long time not hear. I hope everything is fine with the family. We would be interested but I need to what I am getting reguarding that game please keep me in the loop on this one.

David

Warhorse -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 3:05:23 AM)

Hi David,

I will assemble a list of what the goal is, and what has been done, as well as what is not complete yet, and send it to you. I am very excited about this mod, and then just heard of you folks taking Talonsofts games under your wing, this is truly awesome, a very good move on your part, I assure you![:D]

Mike

Jason Petho -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 5:20:24 AM)

Hi David,

Any idea what this means for the Project Blitzkrieg expansion discs currently under construction for the Blitz? There are two, one for East Front II and one for West Front.

I'm available at jasonp(a)theblitz.org

Jim Cobb noted to contact you.

Hope you're well
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Tankerace -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 5:44:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SurrenderMonkey

3) a functional dynamic campaign mode, or the ability to design Linked Campaigns

Umm, www.redarrowproductions.com has a huge cache of resources on how to create LCGs. I remember 5 years ago I created one from the Italian perspective.

But, more DCGs! I can't stress that enough. I wanna command Italian troops at Sidi Barrani.... hey, it would be different.

SurrenderMonkey -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 6:31:10 AM)

"Umm, www.redarrowproductions.com has a huge cache of resources on how to create LCGs. I remember 5 years ago I created one from the Italian perspective. "

Ahem ... I see. Thanks. [X(]

Don Maddox -> RE: A dream come true (10/7/2005 7:00:35 PM)

You can get a little bit more information here: http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/articles.php?p=571&page=1&cat=52

David Heath -> RE: A dream come true (10/8/2005 6:26:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tiger 88

David - over at the blitz we have held many discussions with what we all would love to see changed/created/updated/etc.....please, please contact the following.....

jimm@theblitz.org (Club Owner)

markh@theblitz.org (Club Owner)

jjgrayson@mindspring.com (Webmaster)

randyp@theblitz.org (Campaign Series Commander)

We are ALL just terribly excited that Matrix has published the rights to this series of games. We truly hope that you will listen to us "shareholders" so to speak....we are truly loyal as well!

Thanks for listening!

quote:

markh@theblitz.org

Hi Tiger 88

I have left a post and contacted Randy over at the Blitz and I just waiting for some feedback. I plan to be having some chats with them soon. Trust me we have no plans on leaving out the Blitz Club.

David Heath
Matrix Games

KenHR -> RE: A dream come true (10/8/2005 4:06:01 PM)

Wow, the news about Matrix acquiring the rights to the old TS games has gotten me to register here.

I was a playtester in the late phases of this series (Sealion, Rising Sun, etc.). They've long been my favorite tactical computer consims, and I've long lamented that I was unable to get them to work properly under WinXP no matter what I tried.

I guess my only wish is that the games not become an exercise in tracking individual soldiers, bullets, shells, etc. ala the old Panthers in the Shadows from HPS. The strength point system in the CS games allows players to concentrate on maneuver. In many ways, these games encapsulated what was so wonderful about the old AH boardgames PanzerBlitz, Panzer Leader, etc.

So...congrats, Matrix. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these wonderful games...and if you need another playtester...[8D].

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: A dream come true (10/8/2005 6:17:23 PM)

Sure, I remember you from the old Talonsoft message boards......welcome back home.[8D]

I thought most of you betas jumped ship with Glenn Saunders to beta-test for HPS?

Chad

KenHR -> RE: A dream come true (10/8/2005 8:53:18 PM)

Thanks for the welcome!

I had to drop out of the Beta Brigade because I decided to return to college, so I never made the switch to HPS.

I did pick up a couple Panzer Campaigns and Squad Battles titles over the past few years, but none of them have really floated my boat as much as CS. It seems that wargame titles keep moving toward larger maps, more units, etc. I've always favored smaller maps, fewer units, etc. Those size 9 scenarios were absolute grinds after a few turns!

Very excited to revisit this series!

Pippin -> RE: A dream come true (10/12/2005 10:02:45 PM)

quote:

I was a playtester in the late phases of this series (Sealion, Rising Sun, etc.). They've long been my favorite tactical computer consims, and I've long lamented that I was unable to get them to work properly under WinXP no matter what I tried.

I finaly managed to get Rising Sun to work on XP, though TOAW still alludes me.

Hertston -> RE: A dream come true (10/12/2005 11:07:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I finaly managed to get Rising Sun to work on XP, though TOAW still alludes me.

Its driven me nuts with these games, because it doesn't seem to be XP itself that's the problem. I had the original UK release of what here was called "Eastern Front 2", and it refused even to install on my last PC, whatever I tried. I gave up and even chucked out the disk and manual (and they knew how to do printed manuals, then), something I now bitterly regret, of course. I then aquired the "Xplosiv" budget release as part of a trade, and that worked fine. Rising Sun always installed and ran without problems. Divided Ground installed , but refused to run at all, despite trying every trick I was told about.

Then.. new PC, again (obviously) XP. All of them, including Western Front (which I also have the budget re-release of) worked perfectly, no tweaks, no setting W98 compatibility, no nothing. Go figure...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI