Passengers are no longer showed in the upper left corner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Soma -> Passengers are no longer showed in the upper left corner (7/2/2000 11:25:00 PM)

I found it very informative to know with one glance at the upper left info panel, what are the passengers of a transport vehicle ! I think it was Ver 2.0 or 2.1, where this feature was introduced. But now its gone again [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] Only the simple phrase "Loaded" tells me, that I have to rightclick to view, who is in there ! Is this intended to be removed again ? Because after the rearranging of the upper info panel there is now enough space to show the passenger information. Please bring this feature back in Ver 3.0 !!! And BTW, I'm no grognard, but I think the german "Steilhandgranate" has to be "Stielhandgranate" (seems more logical for me, but I can be wrong) !!! By the way, this is not a nagging post, because this game is great (even without 50% of its features) and I thank all of you for bringing it back to the gamers !!!! Soma

Wild Bill -> (7/3/2000 12:40:00 AM)

Hey Soma! Your message was not taken as a "nag" at all but a personal suggestion and as a technical pointer. Always feel free to point areas that you might think could be improved. We can't make it better unless you tell us. Now, not everything we want will make it into the game. There are some things I still want to see, changes, additions, modifications. Some have made it, some haven't. So don't take a failure to do everything requested as ignoring you or being indifferent to you. NOTHING could be further from the truth. A lot of you don't probably realize this, but your input has helped us immensely to make improvements to the game. Thank you. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited 07-02-2000).]

Soma -> (7/3/2000 12:37:00 PM)

Hi Bill ! You give everyone (even real naggers) the warme feeling of beeing a welcome member of the SPWAW comunity ! Thanks for that ! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] I know that every suggestion and every "gimme-gimme-gimme" helps to make this great game even better, but many of us also know the be behaviour of other game companies/developers ! Again, thanks to all of you !! But it would be interesting for me, WHY this feature was kicked out of the current version of SPWAW?!?!? Every peace of information would be nice ! Soma

Supervisor -> (7/3/2000 1:57:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Soma: But it would be interesting for me, WHY this feature was kicked out of the current version of SPWAW?!?!? Every peace of information would be nice ! Soma
I believe it was removed because it had a habit of overwriting other text. IIRC it was requested to be removed because of this...

Voriax -> (7/3/2000 2:53:00 PM)

This loaded info was removed because it overwrote some other info. It looks like the same snippet of info is used in the unit roster and in the info box in the lower left. So even though at the moment there is space in the info box for additional load information, if that is added then the unit roster will end up being partially overwritten like it was before. Even though it would be nice to see what is loaded, I still prefer this way as now one information does not mess up another information. Perhaps the resident coding guru can devise a way, for example use full info in the info box but only first 8 or so characters in the unit roster? Voriax

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI