Not seen this game..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Fred98 -> Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 3:07:19 AM)

Anybody have links to a fan site - I have not heard of this game before.

wodin -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 3:12:15 AM)

Joe you suprise me.

The Campaign series was excellent.

You will enjoy.

I owend West Front and East Front.

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 4:19:35 AM)

It's not one game, it's a series.

Started with East Front - nice, I drooled for that game, but it was incredibly buggy to tell the truth.

Then came IIRC West Front (North Africa and well West Front). Then there was Rising Sun (land combat in the Pacific). Then they went back to East Front and did East Front II, which was basically reworked EF, without bugs and with many new scenarios and other features.

There were scenario packs for some (all?) games in the series.

Final game in the series was not liked by critics, it was Divided ground, covering four Arab-Israeli wars.

So in short that's Campaign series for ya.

Here are some EF2 screenshots just so you get the basic idea what the game(s) look like.

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/east_front_2/screenshots.html

Very nice little tank models [:D], fast, fluid, no fuss gameplay... EF 2 came with I think 150+ scenarios, making it richest wargame, scenario wise, I ever saw. Plus there were several campaigns (historic and "linked" ie random).

O.

Fred98 -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 5:01:54 AM)

The sceen shots show a game in 3D. I probably saw it sometime and ignored it.

Is there an option to play in 2D?

-

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 5:15:33 AM)

Yes there is 2D option.

O.

JJKettunen -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 3:03:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
EF 2 came with I think 150+ scenarios,

And none of them were about the Finnish front 1944. [:-][:D]

Which reminds me that I should propably finish my Siiranmaki 1944 -scenario for EF 2 soon (hint, hint [;)])

pvthudson01 -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 6:27:45 PM)

I have East Front II and West Front and Rising Sun cant wait for these to come out again!

coralsaw -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 7:26:42 PM)

Keke,

A little off-topic, if you don't mind, can you make the bitmap in your signature smaller. It's usually not good practice to have long signatures, as it makes the forum more difficult to read.

Thx.

/coralsaw

JJKettunen -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 7:34:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: coralsaw

Keke,

A little off-topic, if you don't mind, can you make the bitmap in your signature smaller. It's usually not good practice to have long signatures, as it makes the forum more difficult to read.

Thx.

/coralsaw

No problem. I was wondering if it caused any irritation. Removed soon.

Hertston -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 9:07:39 PM)

East Front 2 is just awesome, as was Rising Sun. I still play EF2 on occasion, and will certainly buy a re-release with any significant improvements. The other one I'd like to see is a fixed-up and improved Decisive Ground; although with The Star and the Crescent on pre-order I'm less enthused than I might have been six months ago.

Tankerace -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 9:45:34 PM)

I still play the campaign series to this day. Except for WitP (and WPO [:D]) They are the best strategy games I have ever owned. Don't play RS that much, but I love WF, and right now I'm slogging through the steps of Russia commanding a Panzer Abteilung. As good as I am doing, I'll probably get the regiment in a few battles. Weeee!

Captain Cruft -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 11:20:45 PM)

This engine is related to Panzer Campaigns and Squad Battles, if that's of any help. The user interface of all three is very similar.

Basically it's IGO-UGO and there is op-fire. There is both an isometric 3D view and a standard 2D top-down view with NATO-esque counters. Scale is what I suppose you would call "grand tactical".

Since I've never actually played anything but the demo others could fill in the details somewhat better :)

johnhulten -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 11:36:27 PM)

I own and have played all of these. They are wonderful!! They are my favorite games in linked campaign mode next to SPWAW. I'll buy them all again.

pvthudson01 -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 11:36:42 PM)

East Front II

Stalingrad....buildings and tanks on fire.....

AWESOME

asiaticus -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/7/2005 11:41:33 PM)

Paul Adaway did a fix for DG a while ago that is downloadable at the Blitzkrieg Clulb or the Divided Ground: Vietnam website.

wodin -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/8/2005 3:11:08 AM)

I will buy again:)

asiaticus -> CS game club site. (10/8/2005 4:31:33 AM)

http://www.theblitz.org/index.php

Hertston -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/8/2005 11:39:18 AM)

EDIT: Never mind, found it HERE

Jason Petho -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/8/2005 7:26:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

EDIT: Never mind, found it HERE

Good day

You'll find the DG correction here:
ftp://209.164.73.216/pub/mods/campaign_series/Divided%20_Ground/

You would want to download the DG2.00.zip file

This includes the DG corrections.

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

SGT Rice -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/10/2005 8:09:25 PM)

I believe the premier fan site is www.theblitz.org

dozens of community generated scenarios, gaming ladders, win/loss statistics on thousands of scenario playins by ladder members, all easily accessible via an easy to use website.

Hertston -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/10/2005 9:15:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
You'll find the DG correction here:
ftp://209.164.73.216/pub/mods/campaign_series/Divided%20_Ground/

You would want to download the DG2.00.zip file

This includes the DG corrections.

Got it.. thanks for that.[:)]

dudalb_slith -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/24/2005 7:44:40 AM)

It's a good sign that Matrix is in contact with the Blitz Club to get their input.
It sad the the original design team had left Talonsoft before DG was designed.

Pippin -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/24/2005 8:05:50 AM)

quote:

Then came IIRC West Front (North Africa and well West Front). Then there was Rising Sun (land combat in the Pacific). Then they went back to East Front and did East Front II, which was basically reworked EF, without bugs and with many new scenarios and other features.

Do not forget Rising Sun GOLD.

AKThor -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/26/2005 8:47:40 PM)

Best computer wargame ever made. Bar none. EF2 is the best of the series.

Jim_von_Krieg -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/29/2005 3:46:48 AM)

And about to get MUCH better!

Jim von Krieg
Blitzkrieg CO

kylenapoleon -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/29/2005 4:27:57 AM)

I agree, EF2 was great. I am really looking forward to its release under the Matrix banner.

dudalb_slith -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/30/2005 1:07:03 AM)

BTW I have not heard of a game called "The Star and the Crescent" before. I assume it is a tactical level game on that Arab Israeli wars. Where can I get info on it since I am definently interested in it.

wodin -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/30/2005 3:03:38 AM)

Its by ProSim. Under the Shrapnel games umbrella. Based on the ATF engine.

Hertston -> RE: Not seen this game..... (10/30/2005 10:11:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudalb

BTW I have not heard of a game called "The Star and the Crescent" before. I assume it is a tactical level game on that Arab Israeli wars. Where can I get info on it since I am definently interested in it.

A couple of links; Shrapnel and Prosim.

As usual, the Prosim one could do with an update (Pat Proctor is a very busy man!), but the downloads link at Shrapnel will take you to the demo (47 meg). I have nothing against Shrapnel (whoever published Dominions 2 would always be OK with me [:)] ),but to be honest the ATF series is one I really wish Matrix had got their hands on. I think they could have brought the games to a much wider audience than perhaps Shrapnel can manage, and they deserve it - they are easily the best 'modern' games out there at present IMHO. Realistic, while remaining very playable and entertaining.

Hill_621 -> RE: Not seen this game..... (11/10/2005 6:49:33 AM)

Can hardly wait for this game. This series running on todays computers will be great. Liked a lot of the different series but really enjoyed the East Front stuff.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI