Regions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

BataBabys -> Regions (10/7/2005 3:40:27 PM)

If i simply type in a new region after i have set up an association does it recognize the change or does it keep the same monitary factors of the original region formed. For example, original region was Colombia, played a few seasons and changed region to Atlanta, will it give me mo money...[:-]

DandricSturm -> RE: Regions (10/7/2005 3:49:17 PM)

I don't believe so, but you can also edit the finances and weather.

BataBabys -> RE: Regions (10/7/2005 3:56:00 PM)

Maybe on the next version there could be a drop down menu for regions and citys to pick from after the association is already going. Kind of like the one already there when you start the association. Along with a print button i have been inquiring about[:-]

kisner -> RE: Regions (10/9/2005 3:57:48 AM)

One thing that bothers me about PureSim is it "makes up" where a historical player is from instead of giving his actual biographical data. At first this feature seemed tremendous, until I noticed Roberto Clemente was from the Chatanooga area. Is there a way to fix this without editing each player individually? If not, is there a way to just turn it off so that erroneous home regions are NOT being displayed?

DandricSturm -> RE: Regions (10/9/2005 7:21:28 AM)

I can live with the random regions, if there is anyone who bothers me I just edit that one. What does bother me more is the lack of some regions. Elmer Valo, who played 21 years in the majors, was born in the same town in Slovakia as my father. Can't do that in PureSim.
What I would like to see removed from the player card is the college section. If your simming the modern era, yes, many if not most ballplayers attended college but how many pro ballplayers in 1930 did? Even in the modern era it is paradoxical to see an 18 year old player who is an alumnus of M.I.T.

puresimmer -> RE: Regions (10/9/2005 12:53:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kisner
One thing that bothers me about PureSim is it "makes up" where a historical player is from instead of giving his actual biographical data. At first this feature seemed tremendous, until I noticed Roberto Clemente was from the Chatanooga area. Is there a way to fix this without editing each player individually? If not, is there a way to just turn it off so that erroneous home regions are NOT being displayed?

I can understand that. You're right it does hur suspension of disbelief... The reason region is displayed is it is one of the factors that a player considers when deciding to sign (e.g. maybe he'd like to be closer to home later in his career).

That said, it just looks "wrong" when you see it with real players so I'll go ahead and remove it in that case.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI