Norm's patches that were never released... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Apollo11 -> Norm's patches that were never released... (10/7/2005 6:33:37 PM)

Hi all,

I have TOAW-CoW and I played it for years enjoying it - great news Matrix!

BTW, last we heard was that Norm (TOAW author) did have some already done pathches for TOAW-CoW but that he had problems with TalonSoft and those were never implemented.

Would it be possible to get those now that TalonSoft is out of picture?

Leo "Apollo11"

David Heath -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/7/2005 7:46:26 PM)

We are working on this and just keep watching.

David

hank -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/7/2005 7:50:59 PM)

Will TOAW and Campaign Series run on Windows 2000 and XP?

I had TOAW many years ago. Unloaded it, got a new puter, etc. etc. It seems like the last time I tried loading it on a Windows 2000 machine it would not run.

thanks

Hank

Nemo69 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/7/2005 10:10:02 PM)

TOAW CoW works fine on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP (in Win 2000 compatibility mode for the latter). TOAW vol. I doesn't though.

Mantis -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 2:03:45 AM)

Interesting to see the hordes of SZO TOAW Forum members suddenly appearing here. :)

Nemo69 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 2:16:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantis

Interesting to see the hordes of SZO TOAW Forum members suddenly appearing here. :)
Lol [:D]

Must be some form of seasonal migration...

JJKettunen -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 2:24:16 AM)

-

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 6:20:31 AM)

You've been a member since September, 2000 and this is your first post!!!???

I guess you didn't have much to say until now.....[:D]

L`zard -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 9:32:54 AM)

Mantis knows all that is neccesary, lol! posts, GAH!

Migration? Possibly, but it's all about hope and attitude, nicht wahr?

Too many wait for too long, and (poof!) like some sort of word spoken, things happen..........

'Sides, this is more or less a new forum, checking in is just something we do, eh?

Pippin -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 1:26:16 PM)

quote:

You've been a member since September, 2000 and this is your first post!!!???

LOL. Well he may have been active before then, but there was a period years ago where the forum was reset after a hack.

I guess it goes to show you, that there are more people viewing the forums than you can guestimate from counting the active users.

Mantis -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 4:46:49 PM)

Well, I did have some posts racked up, but I was figuring on the forums having been reset since then to account for the change, as mentioned above. :D

rhondabrwn -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 8:26:32 PM)

quote:

This is the best move Matrix ever made... it's going to draw in untold numbers of additional fans who will probably then be buying other games in the Matrix line.

Great business sense guys!

And what humanitarians to give us this gift! [&o][&o][&o]

diesel7013 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 8:38:37 PM)

my favorite game ( besides WITP, HTTR, COG!! ), my favorite game company...

mmmmm [:D][:D]

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 10:14:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

quote:

Well some of us saw the writing on the wall and migrated some years ago [;)]

O.

Nemo69 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 10:50:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

quote:

quote:

O.
I'm myopic so I never see writings on the wall. I'll start believing when I actually have a new TOAW version on my hard drive [:)]

Wolfie1 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/8/2005 11:20:59 PM)

quote:

LOL - some of us have been here for a while[;)]

sstevens06 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/9/2005 6:19:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mantis

You know it was said: 'Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door...' [;)]

Pippin -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/9/2005 6:25:35 PM)

I'm still not sure if this is going to be a total re-write, or just some patching.

Nemo69 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/9/2005 10:39:26 PM)

Maybe first a patch to correct the most obvious bugs and then a re-write from a stable and relatively bug-free version.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/16/2005 2:35:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hank

Will TOAW and Campaign Series run on Windows 2000 and XP?

I had TOAW many years ago. Unloaded it, got a new puter, etc. etc. It seems like the last time I tried loading it on a Windows 2000 machine it would not run.

thanks

Hank

Now thats odd - I've seen lots of posts from people having trouble with XP but almost no one has ever complained that it does not run on 2000.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/16/2005 2:38:12 AM)

So thats what happened to thousands of my posts - I was wondering why I had been pilfered from - I'd have expected all of them or none but 600 and change was simply odd.

danst31 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/16/2005 2:59:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Mac Donald
Now thats odd - I've seen lots of posts from people having trouble with XP but almost no one has ever complained that it does not run on 2000.

I'm on win2k at the moment, and it doesn't behave as well as on 98. despite quadruple the ram (512 vs 128) I have far more 'insufficient resources' crashes than on my old machine, and often have to close down most of my always on apps (mirc, oe, opera) inorder to get it to load in the first place.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/16/2005 4:04:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danst31
I'm on win2k at the moment, and it doesn't behave as well as on 98. despite quadruple the ram (512 vs 128) I have far more 'insufficient resources' crashes than on my old machine, and often have to close down most of my always on apps (mirc, oe, opera) inorder to get it to load in the first place.

Strange - I run on Win 2000 as well. But I don't have 512 of RAM, just 256. Have you looked into the NOCD intalation?

danst31 -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (10/16/2005 4:45:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Mac Donald

quote:

ORIGINAL: danst31

Strange - I run on Win 2000 as well. But I don't have 512 of RAM, just 256. Have you looked into the NOCD intalation?

I've been using it for years. Offhand I'm not even sure where my cd is at. Probably at my parents, although that's just a guess.

Edit: While I can restart the rest of my apps after toaw loads I do suffer from graphical glitches with them running. random examples include Opera stacking the titles from every tab in the title bar, and both mirc and oe failing to draw/refresh toolbar items. this happens on two different systems (mine and my parents -win2k 128mb), and has persisted through multiple OS reinstalls.

Moriturus -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (11/21/2005 11:24:47 AM)

W00t!! I always thought that the best thing to happen to happen to TOAW was for Matrix to acquire it, because it's such a perfect fit with the rest of their product line. I just hope they take a look at the years of observations, suggestions, "house rules," proposed changes, etc. that the old TOAW grognards posted on the old forums. With those implemented there's little doubt that Matrix TOAW will be the greatest computer game ever to go gold.

I've always played TOAW on Win2k, and I've had very few problems. Occasionally I'd lose certain buttons on various game panels, but I would just need to reboot or (rarely) have to re-install.

macgregor -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (11/21/2005 5:37:30 PM)

quote:

This is the best move Matrix ever made... it's going to draw in untold numbers of additional fans who will probably then be buying other games in the Matrix line.

Great business sense guys!

And what humanitarians to give us this gift!

I couldn't agree more.

Mad Cow -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (11/21/2005 8:30:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

quote:

quote:

O.

[:D]

golden delicious -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (11/22/2005 2:53:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

O.

It doesn't count unless they were here when the "Art of Wargaming" forum started...

Mad Cow -> RE: Norm's patches that were never released... (11/22/2005 6:36:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

O.

It doesn't count unless they were here when the "Art of Wargaming" forum started...

Damn that was a long time ago... [:D]

Oh Ashton, where hath thee gone?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI