A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wodin -> A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/8/2005 6:38:19 PM)

The only concern I have is that its an awfull amount of games to upgrade and with Matrix being hardpressed as it is (i.e. Combat Leader, Close Assault) I worry that they just dont have the resources to upgrade them all.

Even with a few of the original developers on board its obviously just going to be a pet project for them.

Matrix I feel you should recruit from all the major forums/boards for these games and get a dedicated team for each series at least. Then let them go to work. This has to be the way to go.

This is the first time Ive felt such a buzz going through the wargaming community online.

rhondabrwn -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/8/2005 6:52:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

The only concern I have is that its an awfull amount of games to upgrade and with Matrix being hardpressed as it is (i.e. Combat Leader, Close Assault) I worry that they just dont have the resources to upgrade them all.

Even with a few of the original developers on board its obviously just going to be a pet project for them.

Matrix I feel you should recruit from all the major forums/boards for these games and get a dedicated team for each series at least. Then let them go to work. This has to be the way to go.

This is the first time Ive felt such a buzz going through the wargaming community online.

I would have to agree with you that this could be a bit much to swallow, but as I have pointed out elsewhere (at least for the Battleground series)the release of updated versions that just include all of the patches PLUS Tiller's "unofficial" 32 bit upgrades would be well worth the money. Whenever I get a new computer and reinstall the series I have to run multiple patches for each application before I can even apply the 32 bit upgrade. Talonsoft didn't help by releasing revised patches that wouldn't work with Tiller's upgrade (a fit of pique, perhaps?) requiring careful management of my copies of the "original" patches.

Anyway, this would be an obvious first step and would require virtually no Matrix programming resources.

The second step would be the addition of new maps and scenarios which could be generated by the corps of volunteers suggested above. Again... no significant dilution of Matrix programming assets.

I would like to see the introduction of some campaign elements, but I suspect that is getting onto HPS's turf and might not be viewed favorably, at least for Battleground Gettysburg and Shiloh since those titles if expanded would be a direct competitor to HPS Campaign Gettysburg and Campaign Shiloh. I have both of these games and love the campaign options, but I still miss the original graphics of the Battleground series. Harder on the eyes, perhaps, but the scale just seemed much better. I can't get used to HPS's "giant" unit icons that are as tall as the buildings on the map. Just being picky, but it is my one disappointment with the HPS line.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to buying the entire updated line!

David Heath -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/8/2005 7:34:28 PM)

Hello Guys

Do not worry. We know what we can and can't do. If any game gets cancel its never the work load its always other issues. This was a well planned operation. God willing things will go as planned.

David Heath
Matrix Games

Goblin -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/8/2005 7:37:40 PM)

So these will be ready tomorrow, right David?[&:]

Gimmeegimmeegimmeegimmeegimmeegimmee!!!![:'(]

Goblin

rhondabrwn -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/8/2005 8:44:41 PM)

Patience Goblin... give them to at least Halloween [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/9/2005 12:28:35 AM)

Yes, it actually got much easier once we finally perfected our cloning technology.

Goblin -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/9/2005 3:54:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Patience Goblin... give them to at least Halloween [:D]

My birthday is on the 23rd. Sounds like a fair compromise![;)]

Goblin

Goblin -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/9/2005 3:54:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, it actually got much easier once we finally perfected our cloning technology.

[:D]

watchtower -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 7:11:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I've seen some pics of you guys - cloning is not a good move[:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 7:23:57 PM)

Building the cloning pods big enough was a challenge, but once we managed to fit Dave, we knew it would work for everyone else. [;)]

David Heath -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 7:52:47 PM)

Cute very cute....... oh I just sent you a nice new pile of paper work to have done....... by 4:00 pm today [:D]

watchtower -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 7:56:48 PM)

Not trying to be a mod or anything but can you two take your personal spat to vinnie and doogies?[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Shaun -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 7:58:12 PM)

quote:

Cute very cute....... oh I just sent you a nice new pile of paper work to have done....... by 4:00 pm today

LOL, I see u are still doing that :) Last minute paperwork <G>

I am with Erik on this, cloning you is not a good idea and I am sure making that machine would have taken considerable resources ;)

Shaun

Erik Rutins -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 9:43:55 PM)

I just recently re-watched the "Multiple Santa" episode of The Tick, so all this is really more amusing than it should be. By the way, Dave I'm afraid your paperwork got lost in the mail. Could you re-send? [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Tankerace -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/10/2005 9:48:12 PM)

Erik,

In the mail or in the paper shredder?

[:D]

DamoclesX -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/12/2005 12:57:38 AM)

Cloning eh, I can think of a lot of uses for that and none of them have me cloning myself:)

Tankerace -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/12/2005 1:27:27 AM)

The words female supermodel come to mind..... [:)]

Terminus -> RE: A small concern regarding Talonsoft games (10/12/2005 1:30:14 AM)

The name Rhona Mitra comes to mind...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI