Platoon Duty (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

athkatla -> Platoon Duty (10/10/2005 6:12:13 PM)

I have carried out a Forum Search for anything on this, but it came up with zero matches. Regarding pitchers, just what is Platoon Duty?

Dazooz2 -> RE: Platoon Duty (10/10/2005 8:29:11 PM)

Pitchers don't platoon, position players do. Say you have 2 third basemen with comparable fielding ability. One hits the heck out of right handed pitching, the other hits better against lefties. A manager will "platoon" these players so one starts against righties and the other against lefties. They don't play every game, but share the position depending on the situation.

athkatla -> RE: Platoon Duty (10/10/2005 8:58:30 PM)

Ok thanks for that, funny thing is though, I've seen platoon duty mentioned several times for some of my pitchers.

Amaroq -> RE: Platoon Duty (10/10/2005 10:40:23 PM)

In what context? I can't remember seeing this in the game for pitchers... which screen is it on?

athkatla -> RE: Platoon Duty (10/11/2005 12:10:06 PM)

Hmmm, I think maybe I'm getting confused with a scouting line from OOTP 6.5, as I own and play that game too. [:)] The reason I switched to Puresim is that I found OOTP to be a little too complex for me, and Puresim looks that little bit easier, especially without the waivers and other complicated stuff included in the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI