RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

JJKettunen -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 1:34:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SimHq Tom Cofield
Lets face it, if we don't do that then it will simply be kept as a continental game with either the Allies against Germany/Italy or a China/Japan type scenerio.

How could you forget the Mother of all "continental" wars, the Eastern Front? [;)]

DandricSturm -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 2:35:06 PM)

quote:

How could you forget the Mother of all "continental" wars, the Eastern Front?

Would that not be included in the Allies against Germany/Italy? Russia was one of the Allies.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 2:44:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ydejin

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMS2

However, let me ask you a question, have you ever played against a human?

No, I prefer to play against the computer. The only computer games I've played against/with humans are RTS and CRPG. While I love Turn-Based Strategy, I don't think I have the patience to wait for another human and I think an PBEM game of TOAW would probably take to long to hold my interest.

You might consider trying a few games PBEM. I have known many players who swore by PO games until they tried a few PBEM games. In my experience I can't think of one that ever went back after playing some PBEM games. The difference is like night and day.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 2:46:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iņaki Harrizabalagatar

I think the naval model could be made similar to the current air model, in the sense in which we could have naval units stationed at a port, with a fight range

Not a bad idea really. I'd like to see it increasingly tweaked in the future but as a starting point I think this is pretty good.

Jeremy Mac Donald -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 2:49:13 PM)

Depending on who you play against PBEM can be as slow or as fast paced as you like.

JJKettunen -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 3:48:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

quote:

How could you forget the Mother of all "continental" wars, the Eastern Front?

Would that not be included in the Allies against Germany/Italy? Russia was one of the Allies.

True dat. [:o]

steveh11Matrix -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 6:09:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Mac Donald

quote:

ORIGINAL: ydejin

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMS2

However, let me ask you a question, have you ever played against a human?

No, I prefer to play against the computer. The only computer games I've played against/with humans are RTS and CRPG. While I love Turn-Based Strategy, I don't think I have the patience to wait for another human and I think an PBEM game of TOAW would probably take to long to hold my interest.

You might consider trying a few games PBEM. I have known many players who swore by PO games until they tried a few PBEM games. In my experience I can't think of one that ever went back after playing some PBEM games. The difference is like night and day.

(Raises hand) Hello! Speaking!

I've played PBEM - not TOAW, true, but other games - and disliked it intensely. I don't plan to repeat it.

I also like speaking for the 'silent majority' - those gamers who never, ever play anything but solo. There are more of us than of you, gaming-wide - and therefore if TOAW becomes viewed as a PBEM only game, it's potential (buying!) audience is greatly reduced.

But this is a tiny bit off-topic, isn't it? Maybe a thread of it's own?

Steve.

JJKettunen -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 7:18:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveh11Matrix

I also like speaking for the 'silent majority' - those gamers who never, ever play anything but solo. There are more of us than of you, gaming-wide - and therefore if TOAW becomes viewed as a PBEM only game, it's potential (buying!) audience is greatly reduced.

This is the same 'silent majority' which supported Nixon, right? [;)]

macgregor -> RE: Are you going to update the Naval Model? (10/15/2005 8:09:08 PM)

To me it seems that improving the naval warfare aspect of TOAW is so feasible. Most of the mechanics are already there and what's not there, is being used for land warfare. I've posted more details about how I think it should be done, but really all I've done is try to translate what works so well for the land combat (air interdiction, reserve movement, multiple hit units, semi-covert units) and work it into the naval combat. I'll post my ideas on a new thread. Please check it out and give me some feedback. I'm still coming up with ideas.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI