Automatic Convoy System (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

ADM Halsey -> Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 4:58:32 AM)

This may have already been hashed out before but I have a few questions.

1. Will the Automatic Convoys pick up oil and resources after they drop off supplies and fuel?

2. If you create a task force to transport oil and resources and set it to automatic why does it switch to supplies and fuel?

3. Is there a way to set the task force to automaticaly transport oil and resources?

I am just wondering how so of you have handled this in the past. The production is bad enough to keep track of let alone keeping track of all the convoys you need to load and send out.

rogueusmc -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:35:35 AM)

Auto convoy will not move oil or resources.

ADM Halsey -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:41:37 AM)

Thanks for the info, I was afraid of the answer and kind of had that idea. It is too bad they can not make that automatic also.

Nice medals you have there, they look just like the ones I have.

rogueusmc -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:54:52 AM)

Who were you with?

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 2:42:00 PM)

Mmh, are you sure? Last time I played Japan with autoconvoy on, the AI loaded auto-convoys at Japan with fuel and supplies and sent them out to bases, returning them empty, and it also formed empty convoys in Japan and sent them out to bases to pick-up oil and resources. I switched back to manual convoy management to avoid those empty runs.

michaelm75au -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 3:16:28 PM)

I have had the same experience in the few Japanese turns I have played.

From manual:
quote:

Once an Automatic Supply TF’s cargo has been unloaded, a Japanese TF that has been sent to resupply a base will attempt to pick up raw materials/oil, either at its current
location or another base that is in the system, and return these items to Osaka.

Michael

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Mmh, are you sure? Last time I played Japan with autoconvoy on, the AI loaded auto-convoys at Japan with fuel and supplies and sent them out to bases, returning them empty, and it also formed empty convoys in Japan and sent them out to bases to pick-up oil and resources. I switched back to manual convoy management to avoid those empty runs.

michaelm75au -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 3:20:18 PM)

Don't get Auto Convoy and Continuous Supply mixed.

If you create a TF, you can set it to CS. But this TF is only for supply/fuel, not resource/oil.
Computer will automatically create TFs (based on ships you tell it to use) to feed into AutoConvoys.

Michael

ADM Halsey -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:19:52 PM)

I was with the 1st Armored Division, 3rd of the 35th armor.

boba -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:20:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

I can confirm this. I'm playing PBEM as Japan (started with 1.602, upgraded to 1.604) with China/Manchuria bases set on auto-convoy. There are TFs created by AI to pick up resources/oil and so far it works OK. I'm not 100% certain but I'm conviced that I saw some of TFs that brought supplies from Osaka picked up oil/resources on the way back.

ADM Halsey -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 5:25:26 PM)

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I have had the same experience in the few Japanese turns I have played.

From manual:
quote:

Once an Automatic Supply TF’s cargo has been unloaded, a Japanese TF that has been sent to resupply a base will attempt to pick up raw materials/oil, either at its current
location or another base that is in the system, and return these items to Osaka.

So far in the games I have played as Japan the Auto Convoys have not picked up oil or resources after they are done unloading. I will watch them a little closer just to make sure I am not missing this happening.

In a few games as allies I have been playing I have had to stop some of the Auot Convoys. They are going to bases but are sent from one side of the Pacific (Karachi) to the other to refuel (Pearl Harbor) then onto there destination. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thanks for the good info.

ADM Halsey -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (10/12/2005 6:04:49 PM)

quote:

I can confirm this. I'm playing PBEM as Japan (started with 1.602, upgraded to 1.604) with China/Manchuria bases set on auto-convoy. There are TFs created by AI to pick up resources/oil and so far it works OK. I'm not 100% certain but I'm conviced that I saw some of TFs that brought supplies from Osaka picked up oil/resources on the way back.

Thanks for the info. I will check to see if auto convoy is on at those bases just to double check. I am sure that I set them all to on at the start of the PBEM game.

Now the question is if they are taking the oil and resources from Manchuco and sending them back to Japan, do they leave enough there for the HI to function or are those HI not that important?

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Automatic Convoy System (11/14/2005 2:44:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Auto convoy will not move oil or resources.

So what good is it. Frankly, I like running all the convoys myself anyway...I'm a freak.[8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI