some issues with units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback

pricemc1 -> some issues with units (10/13/2005 3:29:55 AM)

A couple of things I ran into today:

1> Had a British corp in captured Mecklenburg, Prussia complained it was to close to the border so I said "move the unit" and the game seems to have deleted the corp container and left the units it contained in the province. As far as I can tell this corps unit is completly gone. I cannnot find it in the military screen (it was the Hanover corps). Even worse, the units were not visible on the main screen even when I toggled compact stacks (which normally fixed that problem in 1.1).

2> Had 2 corps in corsica. Moved 2 fleets in to pick them up and the fleets disappeared from the screen. Same as above when I tried to toggle compact stacks to bring the units back into view. Can see them in the military screen but not in the main screen, no way, no how.

3> Had a guerilla unit form in Morocco and there was no garrison or other units present in the province. The guerilla unit should have captured the province but it never did so. I moved 2 divisions into the province and they didnt engage the guerilla unit but went straight to garrison.

On the positive side, protectorates and minors seem to work much better now!

Mike

Doobious -> RE: some issues with units (10/13/2005 3:37:33 AM)

As Prussia, I moved an Army into Palatinate and had chain of depots from Magdeburgh through to Palatinate,Lorraine, and Sassions. I clicked on the Army, and the depots in Palatinate, Lorraine, and Sassions disappeared. I right-clicked each province and put them back. I clicked on the Army again, and the depots in Palatinate, Lorraine, and Sassions disappeared again.

Hit end turn.

The depots were all there again at the next turn. Very odd.

ericbabe -> RE: some issues with units (10/13/2005 4:45:19 PM)

1) Interesting about the Hanover corps. I don't think I changed any of this code. I'll try to duplicate it...

2) This is just the small province not-enough-room-to-show troops issue. For a workaround, use the CTRL+Right Click on the province to bring up an Attachment Box with all the units in the province in it. It's on our list of things to fix but will involve some sort of overflow icon...not exactly sure of the best way to address this yet.

3) Need to have a minimum of 50,000 siege-strength in a province in order to initiate a siege (and thus capture a city.) THis is true even when the city is without a garrison.)

pricemc1 -> RE: some issues with units (10/13/2005 7:04:10 PM)

Eric,
In regards to #3, do you have any idea why didnt the 2 divisions entering the province engage the guerilla unit in combat?

As for #2, may I suggest allowing them to overflow to an adjacent province but adding some kind of little arrow on them to show they belong somewhere else such as the type of arrow Windows adds to a shortcut icon when you create a shortcut?

Mike

ericbabe -> RE: some issues with units (10/13/2005 9:37:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pricemc1
In regards to #3, do you have any idea why didnt the 2 divisions entering the province engage the guerilla unit in combat?

Loose divisions (divisions not in corps/armies) only have a 50% of fighting other piles of loose divisions.

Guerilla units also have an increased chance of avoiding combat.

quote:

As for #2, may I suggest allowing them to overflow to an adjacent province but adding some kind of little arrow on them to show they belong somewhere else such as the type of arrow Windows adds to a shortcut icon when you create a shortcut?

We'll probably use a little overflow symbol -- a "+" that looks like a button, I suppose. When you click on it then it'll function just like Ctrl+Right Button. That seems to be a fairly straightforward solution.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI