Experiment by surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback

Grand_Armee -> Experiment by surrender (10/13/2005 4:16:29 AM)

Ifigured that since I couldn't give France back her home provinces that I'd see if she'd take them in surrender. I was half successful.

I declared war one turn and surrendered the next. We didn't fight any battles. For terms, she took Anjou back but left Provence in my hands. She made me weaken 22 defences as well as taking 33% of my income for a year.

Do defences come from both walls and guns? I've never built any defences up, and rarely paid any attention to them. I reckon if I can't get there quick enough to prevent a seige, I'm in deep doodoo anyway. Lol...there're too many other things to spend cash on.

ericbabe -> RE: Experiment by surrender (10/13/2005 4:37:29 PM)

There should be separate Remove Walls and Remove Defenses. The Defenses refer just to the Guns.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Experiment by surrender (10/13/2005 4:47:57 PM)

Remove walls is a nasty term to improse on a enemy !!!!!

but one trick to try if you do, do it late in the treaty, you have 18 months of peace coming, if you make it knock down 20 walls, as soon as you go to peace, all that does is give them a chance to rebuild or let other nations have a easy shot at them

so what you want to think about is setting the time of effect to take place, say 16 months from now, when the peace is ready to end, and they are mad at you for losing in the first place, they weaker there walls, and then most times will be DOW on you

nothing like a Province with no troops in Garrison

pricemc1 -> RE: Experiment by surrender (10/13/2005 7:07:54 PM)

This reminds me, another issue from 1.1 and still in 1.2. That is that you cannot select surrender term dates that extend beyond the end of the game. I suppose this could be considered a "feature" but since I frequently know I want to continue the game past the scheduled ending date I'd like the ability to select surrender terms that exceed the current scheduled end of game turn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI