Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

BryanK -> Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (10/15/2005 1:36:47 AM)

While putting together the stadium pack, I was reminded of a thought I had some time ago. Doesn't it seem like altitude should be a function of region, not of the stadium? I mean, does an altitude of 5280 make sense if you're using Coors Field in a fictional league for a team that plays in Jacksonville, FL?
If you're using the stadiums in a replay-type fashion, the altitudes would work out fine regardless. As it is, every time I want to setup a fictional league I wind up doing an hours worth of research to find the elevation settings for the cities I want to use.

Just a thought... what's everyone else's opinion?

KG Erwin -> RE: Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (10/15/2005 2:09:40 AM)

BryanK, you can do one of two things: (1) either choose ballparks that are in the closest proximity to the region, or (2) make prk files for minor-league parks. For a fictional league with limited finances, option 2 would be research-intensive, but cool nonetheless. A Pure Sim Sally League? Why not? Remember, MY regional team is the Charleston Alley Cats. [:D]

BryanK -> RE: Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (10/15/2005 2:28:47 AM)

Though the altitutes are a part of the stadium, they are fully editable, so i usually just tweak them to fit whatever market i'm using. it's just a bit of a pain, and i think it's more logically consistent for them to be a function of the region.

KG Erwin -> RE: Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (10/15/2005 2:56:41 AM)

Yes, tweaking does sometimes require a little work, BUT, the relative ease of customization for the game is one of its beauties. One doesn't necessarily have to cut through rings of coding barbed-wire in order to make tweaks. [;)]

BryanK -> RE: Altitudes: Stadium or Region? (10/15/2005 3:53:50 AM)

I completely agree.
And in fairness after a stadium pack, a facepack, a logoset, and statistical analysis of the game engine, i don't think too many end users are in a better position to comment about just how customizable puresim truly is than I :)

The point I was trying to make was not what kind of work arounds or fixes there are to get around the issue. I was instead trying to ask if people thought the current way was the best way or if others also see a benefit in doing it differently.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI