Latest news on the 1.1 Update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:24:26 PM)

Work is progressing well on the 1.1 update. I still have a few minor issues to track down and one medium sized change to make sure that folks can do multiplayer solo (meaning without having to do an FTP/Internet league).

I'll probably be looking for some beta testers soon. So if you are interested, post in this thread.

Here is what is in and tested so far:

Latest 1.1 Release Notes

donkuchi19 -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:39:38 PM)

Shaun,

I would be willing to beta-test it for you, but I am in Dandric's ABF and wouldn't want to miss out on that. Would I still be able to participate in that and beta? Let me know.

BTW: I still occasionally get that error when closing the boxscore where it reloads and then I have to close it again. Still not a big deal but I thought I would let you know.

Don

puresimmer -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:43:11 PM)

quote:

BTW: I still occasionally get that error when closing the boxscore where it reloads and then I have to close it again. Still not a big deal but I thought I would let you know.

Somehow I forgot about that one. Can you refresh my memory? I consider any crash bug to be a top priority.

ajjnyy11 -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:44:07 PM)

As I've said before, I'd be happy to test it.

duncan21 -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:46:26 PM)

Count me in to test it.

donkuchi19 -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 5:49:49 PM)

I'll repost it in the support section.

SirWolf1960 -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 7:46:59 PM)

Since I don't do either multiplayer or real players, I guess you can skip me on this test, Shaun.

But I would love to do a radio interview with you here in Topeka.

Drop me an e-mail at underthedomeradio@gmail.com and we'll set it up.

Steve

BryanK -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 7:57:27 PM)

I know it's out of scope for 1.1, but is the issue related to statistical distributions when using fictional players still on the radar?

Here's the supporting analysis:
http://home.comcast.net/~zbryanknight/Testing_Puresim_XML_2.0.ppt

puresimmer -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 8:35:07 PM)

Absolutely,

And guess who I'll be consulting with? [;)]

This is in scope for PS 2006.

BryanK -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 8:54:55 PM)

You rock my socks, Shaun! (or should it be Sox?)
For the next few weeks, I'm going to be a little tied up between gradschool apps and some stuff for work, so I'm not really in a position to pitch in with 1.1. I'm still going to keep working on stuff like the stadium pack I just put out there, though, and I'll be super glad to help in anyway I can with 2006 :)

rjolley -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 9:50:02 PM)

I'd love to help out with some beta testing.

Since you're in the code right now, something I noticed last night:

When I did a auto-play sim to gather some history for my league, the players never aged. It was 2013 and everyone was the same age as the age they were whne the game started. This was with real players from a league downloaded from here. The name of the file was 2005_Opening Day_Replay.zip. I also noticed that when I opened the game with the current version, it didn't mention an upgrade. It was last opened with GE RC1.

Thanks.

puresimmer -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/15/2005 10:24:53 PM)

Replay associations play the same season over and over and the players never age. That is by design.

Edward -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 6:26:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

to make sure that folks can do multiplayer solo (meaning without having to do an FTP/Internet league).

Unless I'm not understanding this correctly - Why couldn't you just start a MP & assign all teams to human or however many teams you need control of?

puresimmer -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 4:30:44 PM)

You are understanding that correctly, but the way multiplayer works under FTP is vastly different with features for owners uploading draft profiles, free agent moves etc. It is all integrated upload/download stuff and assumed to be online. Thus in the gold edition right now, there were still some assumptions that multiplayer = FTP.

In the update I am now allowing for non FTP multiplayer (via a prompt at association creation time). This will then work just like a solo league but with the ability to have multiple human-owned teams.

I guess its a feature for the real control freaks :) It certainly needed to be in there. The good news is I just finished testing it (and regression testing the other modes) this morning. So the bissgest chunk of code in the 1.1 update is now done.

StyxNCa -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 5:39:33 PM)

Any estimate on when 1.1 will be ready?

Steely Glint -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 5:56:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StyxNCa

Any estimate on when 1.1 will be ready?

LOL.

StyxNCa -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 6:05:03 PM)

I didn't realize I was such a funny person.

scefalu -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/16/2005 11:01:51 PM)

I'd be happy to help with testing, if you need it.

- Shawn

Steely Glint -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/17/2005 2:44:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StyxNCa

I didn't realize I was such a funny person.

You'd have had to have been reading the Maximum Football forum here to understand.

motnahp -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/17/2005 4:14:15 PM)

[&o]This post by Shaun is just one more example of him listening to and supporting his customer base. Anyone CONSIDERING the purchase of this product should GET ON BOARD. The ride is smooth and Shaun has made the product one which is both enjoyable and easy to customize to a simmer's particular taste. My chapeau is doffed once again!

rjolley -> RE: Latest news on the 1.1 Update (10/20/2005 4:14:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Replay associations play the same season over and over and the players never age. That is by design.

Ok, I'm just dumb, I never saw replay in the title. Sorry to bother you with that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI