Very Experienced Opponent Wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted

Canoerebel -> Very Experienced Opponent Wanted (10/20/2005 5:07:03 AM)

Gents (and ladies?),

I am looking for a very experienced opponent committed to playing the game through no matter how things are going. I pledge to that same commitment. IE, if the Allied player loses all his CVs on turn 25, he sticks with the game and does his best to come back in '43 (as opposed to the usual disappearing trick). Or, for the Jap player, once the tide turns and Corsairs rip apart the Jap airforce, sticks to the game and does his best to halt the Allied juggernaut.

I'm interested in scenarios 17 or 19, either side, Jap Ship Commitment 140%, Allies 100%, Jap sub doctrine off, Allied repair on. No other house rules. Players can commit their forces wherever they want to send them.

If that suits you and you want the Japs, send turn one. If you prefer the Allies, reply.

Miller -> RE: Very Experienced Opponent Wanted (10/20/2005 1:25:14 PM)

I would be happy to play the Japs in Scn 19......i am not an expert but would consider myself competent.....what version do you play with as 2.42 tends to send Betty bomber replacements into the Bermuda triangle...prefer to use 2.30.....let me know if you are interested....

Canoerebel -> RE: Very Experienced Opponent Wanted (10/20/2005 2:11:32 PM)

I'm still using 2.41 and it seems to work relatively well (I still think there's a problem with some inconsistent combat report results, but I haven't ever heard of my opponents losing Bettys in the Bermuda Triangle).

If 2.41 suits, you can start it up and send turn one to me at LavenderMtn@aol.com.

jeffs -> RE: Very Experienced Opponent Wanted (12/10/2005 3:06:02 AM)

I would play the US in 17 if you have interest.

jeff@sports-j.net

I would want one or 2 house rules

1. No night bombing more than 20 hexes.
2. No corsairs on carriers except for the squadron on the Bunker hill.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI