Supply By Computer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

LewFisher -> Supply By Computer (10/22/2005 6:20:57 AM)

Just new to this game. To get used to the system, I allowed the computer to control supply. However, as the French, even by barely moving my Corps, I constantly have 5 to 8 Corps out of supply?

Sincerely, Lew fisher[&:]

lancerunolfsson -> RE: Supply By Computer (10/22/2005 10:16:25 AM)

I have a lot of problems wrapping my mind around the supply rules. I'm guessing that a guy that understands how to run the supply by hand would have a real advantage in a PBEM game. But I was not real distressed by the level of supply I was getting lettign the computer run it. Sure I wind up getting reports of 5 6 corps out of supply but the next turn it will drop. Especialy if I make a point of asigning a few rest days when my units get banged up.

LewFisher -> RE: Supply By Computer (10/22/2005 9:25:14 PM)

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried one of the 1809 scenarios and supply controlled by the computer seemed to work better.

Lew Fisher[:'(]

TheBlackhorse -> RE: Supply By Computer (10/23/2005 4:28:51 AM)

Another thing to remember is that even if you have the computer managing your supplies, you can still manually send supply trains to units in need of supplies.

lancerunolfsson -> RE: Supply By Computer (10/23/2005 12:52:12 PM)

I was looking at the supply rules again. I think the importart thing is to anticipate what towns units will be moving through and ordering suplies to that location. I have noticed that on computer supply. Depots appear somtimes some distance ahead of my units somtimes. These are alos usualy at locations I have a lot of Corps converging. so the computer is maybe not doing a very bad job of it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI