Small tweak needed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

motnahp -> Small tweak needed (10/24/2005 7:15:48 PM)

I use 35-man rosters, all imported players with MP. I allow AI to make roster moves and lineup/rotation changes for all teams. I've noticed that the AI seems to select a team's backup catcher too often as the regular DH or defaults to the backup catcher to fill in at other places when no one on the roster has qualified at that position.

For example, a team recently traded away its only qualified 1B. The AI chose the backup catcher as the regular 1B in both lineups. The #1 catcher caught every game until his inevitable trip to the DL. AI then called up a catcher from the minors, installed THAT catcher at 1B, and moved the former backup catcher to starting catcher. I've seen this happen for other positions, as well. It happened at 2B (no, it wasn't Biggio) and perhaps once or twice in the outfield.

Shaun, since you did the tweak a few months back to "make" a team carry two catchers, I feel you need to tweak the backup catcher's playing time/positions to let him stay ready and able to assume his catching duties when the #1 gets tired. Just a small suggestion to make a great product even better.

By the way, the 1B who was traded (I have sparse random trades within the assn), was WADE BOGGS '82. Knowing your allegiance to the Sawx, I thought that might give you a [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI