Photopack Folders? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

BryanK -> Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 1:58:38 AM)

How exactly do the folders work? Should the players' photo go in the decade wherein he started playing or all decades where they played?

Moreover, if someone were to go in an mod the database to account for duped names, and release said database in conjunction with a compiled and comprehensive facepack, would that alleviate the need to have decade folders? Couldn't there then be just one folder for real players and another for fictional ones?

redeck -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 5:02:32 AM)

id like to know more about how the face pics work as well. Ive started resizing Tigerfans ootp deadball era pics and am about 1/4 way through 1900s

do the pics need to be 65-90 to get auto assisned, as ive noticed alot of my pics that wont auto are the 90x150. but they manually assign just fine.

BryanK -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 5:12:53 AM)

Photos need to be .jpg to be assigned, and you should probably restart puresim if you put them in the folders while the game is running. If memory serves, some of tigerfan's packs are in .bmp, so that might be an issue. Puresim will auto resize the pics to 65x90, at least in the player card. But they look kinda distorted.

redeck -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 5:15:52 AM)

well that will make my life easier LOL thanks BryanK!

redeck -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 5:45:57 AM)

i guess im looking for anouther reason tigefans pics didnt auto asign, i just checked my 1900s folder and there are only jpg. files in it, yet a number didnt assign.

any other ideas?

puresimmer -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/25/2005 1:35:36 PM)

They auto assign based on lookign for firstname_lastname.jpg as the file name. Also it depends on the year your association is currently in, that is the key used to determine which folder to look for to find real player faces. For example if it is 1956 and you have a player named Mickey Mantle, PureSim looks in the "C:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition\mods\faces\1950s" folder for a file named "Mickey_Mantle.jpg"

Also, if you cross into a new decade then PureSim will look to see if there are updated photos for players, so you could actually have a player's photo change over time.

BryanK -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/26/2005 2:46:30 AM)

a player comes into the league in 1968 and gets a photo from the 1960s folder. If there is no photo for him in the 1970s folder, what happens when the decade changes?

redeck -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/26/2005 3:31:44 AM)

im confounded about the way the program is supposed to assign pics. i ahve many many pics that are named correctly and JPG that simply do not assign.

and i would swear that some of the pics i manually assign work for awhile then i guess unassign themselves. at first i thought it was my imagination LOL

any thoughts on this Suan?
anybody?

puresimmer -> RE: Photopack Folders? (10/26/2005 2:28:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanK

a player comes into the league in 1968 and gets a photo from the 1960s folder. If there is no photo for him in the 1970s folder, what happens when the decade changes?

He keeps his existing photo.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI