Taking Suggestions for Alternative Database (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

BryanK -> Taking Suggestions for Alternative Database (10/25/2005 2:10:52 AM)

I'm in the process of deduping names in the database, and I plan on releasing it with a corridinated facepack that will span from 1900 to present. The facepacks aren't origional work; they're just compiled from what's already out there, mostly Tigerfan and Jeff Olsen's work. I know there's already a facepack out there that does this, but I felt I could add value by linking it up to the database, adding more faces, and plugging any gapping holes -- like the 1980's onward. The data and files are freely available, they just take forever to get working... so I figured I'd carry that cross for all of us :)

While I have my hands dirty, I'm taking suggestions for additional database tweaks. Here's what's on tap so far:

-Name deduping
-Babe Ruth has been splt: George Herman Ruth is a pitcher while Babe Ruth is an outfielder. I'm debating whether their careers should both start in 1914 or if the hitter should show up in 1918. Leaning toward the former...
-Thanks to the work of Anakit, we have data on the year a player was drafted. There's a brute force way to impliment this that will take a chunk of time and sorta obfiscate the feature Shaun just implimented to show a player's real stats. There may be a more elegant one, but I think it will require a change in the way Puresim does imports. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Anyone have more ideas?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI