Larry Bond's "Cauldron" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

themattcurtis -> Larry Bond's "Cauldron" (10/25/2005 11:06:26 PM)

I'm reading this now and I've noticed that the vehicles are there in FPG to represent some of the battles between German and Polish forces as described in the novel.

Polish T-72s and BMP-1s against German Leopards (I and IIs) and Marders. Along with all the arty and aircraft you can think of.

The terrain is only described in general terms, so the existing maps would work.

My only problem.......No way to change the Russian flag and images to Polish. That's be a neat little scenario specific mod.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Larry Bond's "Cauldron" (10/26/2005 3:16:59 AM)

Matt,

You could change the flags and background in the briefing. I need to see if it is possible to change the in game flag in the UDP.

themattcurtis -> RE: Larry Bond's "Cauldron" (10/26/2005 6:43:22 PM)

quote:

You could change the flags and background in the briefing. I need to see if it is possible to change the in game flag in the UDP.

Now all I need is the technical skill to do it :D

Seriously, I have the TO&Es in mind. If folks would like to try it out, I might have a playtest version ready next week.

It could make for a great scenario pack, though. A few battles featuring the above mentioned kit.

I don't think the game is up to some of the other encounters, though. Like those that see Americans versus the German Army (the premise of the novel is that a French-German alliance is seeking to control Europe and has invaded the East). Eventually, the US shows up to help its Polish allies.

I was wondering, too, if people might be interested in playing a few battles set in the late 60s and 70s -- using the older kit like M60s and M48s against T-55s and T-72s.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI