Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

jaywigley -> Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (10/27/2005 3:25:04 PM)

Shaun,
I have gotten this bug twice over the past few days, both times while simming in auto-play using Lahman with real schedules, once in the post-season and one in the regular season. The game stops auto-play with the following error message:
"Assertion Failed: cAutoPlayer:simOneGame error in CAutoPlayer::SimOneGame - invalid procedure call or argument"
When I click OK, the game shuts down just as if I had stopped autoplay myself and closed out the game altogether. When I restart the game, everything proceeds fine IF I play out a few games at a time using "autoplay one week" or one month.

Has this been reported before and/or fixed in the 1.1 update?
Jay

puresimmer -> RE: Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (10/28/2005 1:48:00 AM)

No,

I was not aware of this issue. Can you do me a favor and send me an email (shaun@puresim.com)

I'd like to have you upload a copy of your association so I can test it.

puresimmer -> RE: Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (11/8/2005 2:32:32 PM)

Jay,

Would it be possible to send me your association? If you sent me an email already I missed it somehow...

zappa99 -> RE: Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (11/24/2005 1:30:49 AM)

I'm getting this as well. Haven't seen it in quite some time.

I don't know what caused it... I can play the game fine. I usually sim one day at a time, and this assertion error pops up halfway through simming the day's games. Not every day though... it's like once every 3 or 4 days.

zappa99 -> RE: Is "Assertion Failed" fixed in 1.1 update beta? (11/28/2005 4:14:15 PM)

Well, I couldn't figure out how to fix it, but I ended up using a backup file to restore it, and everything is going smooth now. Only had to redo a dozen games or so.

Although I saw the Ctrl+F9 backup tip on another thread. I'll definitely use that, thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI