"Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

Magua -> "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 6:58:23 AM)

Here's a sneak peak at a portion of my le Manoir la Fiere map. East (and Ste Mere Eglise) is up. Cauquigny Church is off the bottom.

All buildings in the complex are stone, but only the Manor and the Barn are two stories. So I'm using color to differentiate one from two storied structures.

I put "historical" in quotes because it is only as historically accurate as I have so far been able to make it. I've used sketches from S.L.A. Marshall's book, Night Drop, an aerial photo and other photos I've been able to find on the web, but my sources are not complete. Still, for the sake of BoH, I think this is pretty close.

Anyway, I hope to post the map this weekend with instructions as to how to use it in the existing scenario. Don't get me wrong. I've played and like the scenario that came with the game just fine. I just like historical maps.

All comments are welcome.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/mandt/Lafiere.jpg[/img]

crabe tambour -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 7:27:57 AM)

Wow.... It's great. [&o]
Is there a +1 PM or something for the barrier on the right?

Magua -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 7:41:22 AM)

Wow Crabbe you have a sharp eye. If you're talking about the line that runs along the field, yes, that is supposed to be a fence, and it will cost +1 movement to cross it.

Thanks for the compliment. Have you ever been there?

benpark -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 7:54:08 AM)

Amazing map!

I agree, historical maps are always more interesting.

crabe tambour -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 3:10:40 PM)

quote:

Have you ever been there?

Nope. And now you ask, I wonder why. I will go there next time i go in Normandy (soon)

Erik Rutins -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 4:58:40 PM)

Very nice work, Magua.

RedMike -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/1/2005 8:50:48 PM)

Wow...EXCELLENT work!

RedMike OUT

WO1GKW -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/2/2005 1:21:29 AM)

Magua - great job. Hey the Brecourt scenario is pretty good and of course that map is awsome. There might be a future for you in this!

Magua -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/2/2005 2:49:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WO1GKW

Magua - great job. Hey the Brecourt scenario is pretty good and of course that map is awsome. There might be a future for you in this!

Hey WO-

Keep an eye out for the revised Brecourt files. You should see them within a day or two. The map is revised a little, but there are new leader counters, Scenario Card, and the Quick Reference card has some additional info. The scenario actually works now [;)]

To everyone, thanks. I enjoy doing it.

Hannes -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/2/2005 7:35:18 PM)

Hey - looks cool.

WO1GKW -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/3/2005 12:12:26 AM)

What was wrong that caused it not to work? I thought it worked fine. The map can't possibly get any better.

Magua -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/3/2005 1:48:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WO1GKW

What was wrong that caused it not to work? I thought it worked fine. The map can't possibly get any better.

Thanks WO-

The balance wasn't right. I changed the three MG-42s on tripods to bipods. They were just too deadly, and I gave Winters the Decisive skill card, which I always intended but forgot. I think it plays much better now. But if you like the original, by all means stick with it. In fact, I'd really like to hear how v1 and v2 compare.

The latest version of the map is higher resolution, and you'll see that I tweaked some of the graphics, such as the crops and the grass. Aside from cosmetic issues, the map layout is nearly identical. So if you prefer the original map, you can use it without any change in play. Also, there are new leader counters.

markhwalker -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/3/2005 12:24:20 PM)

quote:

The balance wasn't right. I changed the three MG-42s on tripods to bipods.

Awesome work, Tom. If I wasn't kneck deep in putting together the downloadavble LnL demo, I would have played through it by now. You might, however, have a slight bi-pod/tripod missunderstanding. You can flip from one to the other in any rally phase. So unless you include a SSR prohibiting the gamer from doing so, they will.

If you want 2 fp machine guns, just make them MG34s. Yes?

Best,

Mark

Hannes -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/3/2005 10:00:06 PM)

quote:

would have played through it by now.

Huh? How? Is it available somewhere? Am I blind?

Magua -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/4/2005 3:47:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

quote:

The balance wasn't right. I changed the three MG-42s on tripods to bipods.

Awesome work, Tom. If I wasn't kneck deep in putting together the downloadavble LnL demo, I would have played through it by now. You might, however, have a slight bi-pod/tripod missunderstanding. You can flip from one to the other in any rally phase. So unless you include a SSR prohibiting the gamer from doing so, they will.

If you want 2 fp machine guns, just make them MG34s. Yes?

Best,

Mark

Ah. Good point. I should specify this in the rules, or as you say use the MG-34s. And muchas gracias.

Magua -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/4/2005 3:49:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannes

quote:

would have played through it by now.

Huh? How? Is it available somewhere? Am I blind?

Go to the first post in the Brecourt Manor v2 thread, and click on the link. It will take you to Cherpie's download site where you can get the files. I understand that they will also be posted in the Member's section here too.

mbtanker -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/4/2005 8:36:35 AM)

OUTSTANDING!!!

Erik Rutins -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/4/2005 12:06:48 PM)

They should be up in the Members' Club later today.

markhwalker -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/4/2005 12:55:42 PM)

Thanks, Eric.

Cherper -> RE: "Historical" map for le Maoir de la Fiere (11/23/2005 1:55:33 AM)

The map looks great... the road leading to Ste Mere Eglise should be gong up hill. The Manor is much higher than the barn as it is uphill from the barn.. The field to the west is where the Iron Mike memorial is, and it is on the side of the hill. I will see if I can dig out any good photos from my trip last May.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI