More Great Progress on 1.1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 2:11:12 AM)

OK, with 1.1 beta 3 we are getting some super results using real players across all of baseball history. In addition to the major engine tweaking, I have decided to make it much easier for you guys to adjust the association's simulation model. Basically I have introduced the concept of "sliders" which provide a nice high level abstraction atop a multitude of complex internal engine settings.

On the "Options and Utilities" dialog for your association, you can make thse tweaks. This will be coming in the commercial/public 1.1 release (I am not sure if I am going to release another beta).

Here are a few screenies:

Access the new tweaking options from the options dialog

A peek at the new dialog

This along with a few more changes to fictional modeling by year and some career arc tweaks and I think we'll have a stat geek's nirvana!

native son -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 2:34:51 AM)

(sniffle) I'm getting all choked up. I think I may cry.

Now, all I need is customized expansion, and more control over league-wide pitcher usage (limiting saves, 3 man rotations, etc.), and I'd pay twice! (seriously, though.)

Excellent work there, Mr. Sullivan!

BryanK -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 2:58:42 AM)

Shaun = Awesome!

:)

33sherman -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 4:54:49 AM)

This is really excellent, can't wait to see it.

Beach23BoyP -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 5:27:58 AM)

Very nice.

I'd also like to see "errors, percentage of outfield putouts, GM activity and trade frequency" on a slider page.

Silverbullet -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/7/2005 5:54:42 PM)

quote:

Now, all I need is customized expansion,

This is something I have hoped for a long time.

redeck -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/8/2005 12:31:40 AM)

im for customized expansion as well.

KG Erwin -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/9/2005 1:06:38 AM)

Shaun, I love the idea of "sliders" for league customization, but along with this, I would request some general guidelines for adjustments to generate "anticipated real-life curves" for different historical eras using real players. The present XML is era-inclusive, BUT, isn't this more intended for fictional-player generation?

Consider this as something like customized EQ settings for music recorded in different eras -- you could maybe offer "automatic slider adjustments" for the dead-ball era, the 1920-1945 era, the "Golden Age" 1946-1960, etc.

Is this doable, or would you rather leave it up to the gamers?

puresimmer -> RE: More Great Progress on 1.1 (11/9/2005 4:14:42 AM)

Actually 1.1 will be highly influenced by the real life performace, hence the career arcs will pretty closely mirror reality regardless of time periods. The 1.1 final release will reflect this. I hope to release it this week.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI