A New 105 Update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

CapnDarwin -> A New 105 Update (11/9/2005 2:50:07 PM)

Well, we haven't left the country or anything like that. A number of changes deep in the code have led to a few bugs which have been a bear to track down. A few of them have been identified, but real life issue have popped up to slow the advance. I just wanted to drop a line to say work is going forward and we very much want to get this release out. We thank you for your patience and we hope this update will be worth the wait. [:)]

pahom -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/10/2005 1:21:48 AM)

Any possibility of an open beta test? [;)]

Thanks for the reply!

JustinL -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/10/2005 1:25:59 AM)

I just wanted to say that I have been very impressed by the commitment of Matrix Games and the development team to this game. I don't remember many other companies that have made that kind of commitment to ongoing revisions and improvements.

[&o][&o]

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/10/2005 4:06:09 AM)

pahom,

At this time we already have a dedicated group of playtesters. There may be a point in the future when we put out another general call for testers.

Thanks for your interest and we'll hope to hear from you then. [:)]

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/10/2005 4:08:26 AM)

GamerGuy,

Robert is a very dedicated designer and he has some really good help around him (shameless plug [:D]). We are working hard to get this update done so we can switch gears to the next generation of the game. We definately enjoy the kind words.

Thank you for enjoying the game!

sunray11 -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/13/2005 11:03:06 PM)

I just got this game and I'm very pleased with it.

Is there any chance the Canadian NATO brigade can be put in? I served in that brigade and I'd sure like to see it, or command it, in action.

From a forum search I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. The possibility seems to have been left open, so I'd just like to add my vote for it to happen.

sunray11 -> RE: A New 105 Update (11/21/2005 3:47:12 AM)

<sound of crickets>

Emilio -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/20/2005 8:32:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

GamerGuy,

Robert is a very dedicated designer and he has some really good help around him (shameless plug [:D]). We are working hard to get this update done so we can switch gears to the next generation of the game. We definately enjoy the kind words.

Thank you for enjoying the game!

Hi,

There is any possibility to release 1.05 before Christmas? It is a dammned good time to find the time to play FPG again.

Emilio.

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/21/2005 2:33:47 AM)

Now called 1.1, we are still grinding through the last of the bugs, mostly in PBEM and minor interface fixes. I had high hopes to get the update out by XMAS, but with delays, flu and real world items I don't think we will make it. Sorry to tell you that. It will be worth it.

VanScoy -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/21/2005 2:32:19 PM)

this is great news (not the flu however)! I am glad to see work continues!

IronManBeta -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/23/2005 9:24:01 PM)

I would love to put 4 CMBG into the game. I have a lot of OB material already - it is just the time needed! I started with the original four nationalities from the SimCan Main Battle Tank specification in the first game but one of the first things we are going to do is open it up to a large variety of nationalities for version 2.0. To do that we are going to completely change the way we store data to make it easier to accomodate additions like this. That will be a bit of work but it will be worth it.

By any chance would you know what ATGM units the 4th had in 1989? I believe they had just acquired M901s by that point but I don't know how many.

Thanks, Rob.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sunray11

I just got this game and I'm very pleased with it.

Is there any chance the Canadian NATO brigade can be put in? I served in that brigade and I'd sure like to see it, or command it, in action.

From a forum search I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. The possibility seems to have been left open, so I'd just like to add my vote for it to happen.

IronManBeta -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/23/2005 9:27:18 PM)

I keep thinking we are 'done' except for one piddly little bug and then a playtester comes back with a tale of woe and we slip another couple of weeks again. We stopped doing new features for it months ago and have focussed completely on shipping as polished and bug free a game as possible. Real life threw us a few curves since late June when 1.04 came out but I think you will be very happy with 1.10. A huge amount of work has been spent refining and deepening the game. It should be good to go really soon now....

Cheers, Rob.

quote:

ORIGINAL: VanScoy

this is great news (not the flu however)! I am glad to see work continues!

tinjaw -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/24/2005 5:36:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall
By any chance would you know what ATGM units the 4th had in 1989? I believe they had just acquired M901s by that point but I don't know how many.

I would suggest you post to the Yahoo TOandEs group. They would a good resource for those types of questions.

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (12/24/2005 6:00:57 PM)

tinjaw,

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the Holidays!!

sunray11 -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/1/2006 7:49:42 PM)

quote:

I left 4CMBG in 1984, and I'm not sure when the M901 was adopted there. I was in tanks, but I can tell you that each of the two infantry battalions were established for 18 TOW systems (on APCs).

MikeBrough -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/15/2006 12:32:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

I keep thinking we are 'done' except for one piddly little bug and then a playtester comes back with a tale of woe and we slip another couple of weeks again. We stopped doing new features for it months ago and have focussed completely on shipping as polished and bug free a game as possible. Real life threw us a few curves since late June when 1.04 came out but I think you will be very happy with 1.10. A huge amount of work has been spent refining and deepening the game. It should be good to go really soon now....

Cheers, Rob.

How soon is 'really soon'? Gettin' kinda anxious (best Beetlejuice accent).

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/18/2006 2:15:17 PM)

Mike,

We are trying to close the loop on a couple of bugs that come and go and have been a bear to track down in the code. Hopefully, I'll know more this evening and will post a better update. Trust me we want you to have this too. [:D]

rpommier -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/24/2006 12:26:14 AM)

What will be in the 1.05 update? The reason that I am asking is that I am really on the fence with purchasing this game. I read a review that hinted at there being some sort of random mission generator in the game. Will that be fleshed out a bit more?

From what I've gathered so far the game looks like its close to TacOPS in subject matter, but easier to manage.

Thanks,
Roderick

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/24/2006 1:32:46 AM)

Not sure what review you read, but the current version has two scenario editors in it. One that allows for quick construction of battles and one that allow you to make scenarios like those in the game. Work on a random, or quick battle system will be a feature in the next game.

As for content in the 1.1 update, we has a mountain of bug fixes (large and small), many tweaks to the combat model, revamped scoring on all of the scenarios, updated manuals, updates and additions to the data, and more.

Hope we can knock you off the fence on to our side. [:D]

rpommier -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/24/2006 5:17:20 AM)

Actually it was a newsgroup review from comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical, posted over at Grognard.com. It mentioned the editors, which really grabbed my attention. It makes up for the fact that there is no campaign or additional scenarios available (no slam intended).

Thanks for your responses, They've been very helpful. I'll wait for the patch to arrive before I purchase.

Respectfully,
Roderick

sunray11 -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/29/2006 2:26:15 AM)

So, how's that patch/update coming along?

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (1/29/2006 4:59:05 AM)

Getting the odds and ends tied up. Rob finished the Tutorial revamp and we are fixing a few small bugs he found along the way. For the most parts the rest of the documentation and files are ready to go. I've been out of twon 2 days and I'm working on getting caught up and need to check the Dev forum for any other bug reports on the last test build. I'll work to keep updating things here as we get close to releasing this update.

Thanks.

Dunedain -> RE: A New 105 Update (2/8/2006 4:48:31 AM)

Any updates on the new patch? :)

CapnDarwin -> RE: A New 105 Update (2/8/2006 6:25:08 AM)

We are knocking out a couple of minor last minute bugs bugs found by our testers. Scenario revamp and updated documentation is done. Once we clear these last items we should be able to shove it out the door. The test group is pretty happy with the improved game play and we think the rest of you will enjoy it too. Won't be long now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI