Detaching Divisions Bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

thufir -> Detaching Divisions Bug (11/26/2005 1:11:36 AM)

Well, I am now convinced that this now rates as a full blown bug (and a darned annoying one, at that!). I first raised this point in the main forum in this thread: link, where one of the responders mentioned a workaround (that being to lower the number of divisions in an army). I've started to use this workaround, and it is possible that it reduces the frequency of this bug occurring, but still I see the bug happening relatively often.

Currently, I have a set of save game files where I have Grand Armee II sitting in Hannover with 18 divisions in it, and a Swedish army is quite predictably attacking every single month (stupidly, since it is massively outnumbered, and immediately retreats once detailed combat begins). However, every time combat begins, my Imperial Guard division shows up as a "reinforcement" and detaches itself. [:@] In an attempt to work around this bug, I have detached 6 infantry divisions from GA II (leaving it with only 11 divisions), and then attempt to attach only the Imp Gd Then, 100% reatably every month that I try this, Sweden attacks from Hannover and the Imp Gd detaches itself, yet again.

I would love to here some acknowledgement of this bug by WCS, or better yet that a fix is on the way in some upcoming patch :). Failing that, if anyone can give me ideas on an improved workaround, I'm all ears. I know one of the other posters mentioned that this had happened to them with other divisions, but in my case, I have only seen this happen with the two Imp Gd divisions that France starts with (or possibly only one of these two, in actuality).

I'm tempted to simply disband the offending division, since it is worse than useless anyhow, but it'd be nice to find some way to make it work.

Ralegh -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (11/26/2005 10:32:25 AM)

Put the division into a corps. Units that "loose" int he army are more likely to be reinforcements, while dvis in corps are more likely to malke it into the battle.

thufir -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (11/26/2005 6:38:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralegh

Put the division into a corps. Units that "loose" int he army are more likely to be reinforcements, while dvis in corps are more likely to malke it into the battle.

The division in question was at all times in the corps (which was itself in the army) - I never had any divisions "loose" in the army. Also, the bug in question is not about whether or not divisions make it into the battle (although Imperial Guards, if anything, should have a better than average chance of making it into the battle), rather the big, huge honkin problem is that the division is being detached from the army (and the corps) after the battle is over.

Grand_Armee -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (11/26/2005 8:05:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralegh

heh, heh....had ya a few schooners before ya typed that one, mate?

Ralegh -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (11/27/2005 2:19:09 AM)

Interesting. I've never had it detach when part of a corps. Only when directly attached to the army. Sounds like a new bug. Can you save a game during a battle, then complete the battle to see the division seperated. Zip up the saved game and send to support@west-civ.com with this info in the covering email.

ericbabe -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (11/28/2005 3:46:47 PM)

Thanks for the report on this.

I don't know what the issue may be yet; let me make sure I understand what's going on.

So only guard units are being detached in this way, only from corps inside armies, only when the battle limit in a province is exceeded and the unit is showing up as a reinforcement at the start of a detailed battle? Never happens with non-guard? Never with quick combat?

Mus -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (12/1/2005 11:20:34 PM)

I have also observed this phenomenon. Have only noticed it being Imperial Guard detaching from a Corps inside the Grand Armee I. They show up as reinforcement and dont rejoin their parent formation. I never do quick combat so I couldnt help you there.

ian77 -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (12/4/2005 2:48:50 AM)

I am afraid I now have the same problem as well.

It only seems to effect guards divisions.

Ian

Mus -> RE: Detaching Divisions Bug (12/17/2005 7:59:31 AM)

Let me add my opinion that it only seems to be happening with the French Imperial Guard Divisions, and it might only be one of the two... something to do with the names being identical maybe???

Dunno.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI