Screenshots from Playtest (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Old Coach -> Screenshots from Playtest (11/27/2005 4:41:30 PM)

Please see the screenshots below.
It's a rainy day in Knoxville in 1939 as the Vols battle the Commodores.

1) Vandy tailback is about to be gobbled up by the Big Orange wall.

2) VU quick kicks to get out of a 3rd and long mess. The kick was effective as it pinned the Vols inside their 10.

3) UT tailback Johnny Butler attempts to sweep the Commodes left flank but unfortunatley he will fumble and the bad guys will recover at the Vols 8. (Maybe he was flashing ahead to 2005 and mimicking our present day RB's.)

4) VU lines up at the UT 8.

5) Two plays later the Vandy fullback (circled) powers in to the Vol endzone.

6) In the 2nd quarter, UT tailback Babe Wood (circled) blasts in from the 1 to tie the score.

I was only able to play the first half which ended 7-7.

Hope you enjoy the screenshots. Let me know what you think.

Old Coach

[image]local://upfiles/15153/E09753F2B89045C8BF00EF0328DF2EEF.jpg[/image]

GBS -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (11/30/2005 2:21:30 PM)

How are you doing this? I thought this was a professional football game. And by the way, is Tennessee running the single wing??

Frenzy -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (11/30/2005 9:06:01 PM)

Thanks for the media Old Coach, that's some really neat stuff. I like the classic look to the helmets.

I am a little surprised that there has been virtually no replies. It's very possible there's a growing level of frustation on the game release and people have just stopped coming to the forums. I know I've cut way down on looking in on them to once or twice a week instead of every day for just that reason.

Frenzy -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (11/30/2005 9:10:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

How are you doing this? I thought this was a professional football game. And by the way, is Tennessee running the single wing??

David made it so that you could build a league of any size and you can choose the rules you want so I'm sure Old Coach configured it to college rules as closely as possible. The whole selling point of the game is you can customize the rules to fit your league. Canadian, American, indoor are all possible with different field sizes, goal post location, etc.

David Winter -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (11/30/2005 9:41:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

Maximum-Football allows for the creation of leagues from pop-warner to all-pro using Canadian, American, or Indoor rules. Old Coach as simply selected the rules he wanted to use for his college league when he built it. Then he's created new uniform artwork for his teams. He's also created his own plays and playbooks that are correct to the era he enjoys the most.

Old Coach -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (12/1/2005 1:16:09 AM)

Just to echo David's remarks- MaxFB has tremendous flexibility in play design, uniform and field art, league construction, and rules utilization. The limit is really your imagination. As David, said, the 40's and 50's are my favorite era's of football to reproduce. I'm not much of pro football fan. College, especially SEC, is my favorite. The game shown in the screenshots, both teams were runing the single wing offense and 6-2 defense. I am working on plays for the Notre Dame box formation and the old straight T. I've been on David's beta test team from before the Matrix Games days. It has been fun to take part in this. Be patient, when MaxFb is released it will be a football simulation (due to its flexibility I hesitate to refer to as a game) that. I think, you'll enjoy.

Old Coach

JPuhala -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (12/3/2005 9:13:06 PM)

wow that looks like Mike Dikita football in detail and player wise.This was the graphics package that was too be good...The play better be REAL GOOD or this game will drop faster than a Houston Texan QB.

frunky -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (12/4/2005 10:33:04 PM)

That's cool they have no facemasks

whatever happened to that leather helmet that someone was working at

FreedomRock -> RE: Screenshots from Playtest (12/10/2005 6:24:59 PM)

I like how this game allows the Quick Punt...I was just thinking about using that with my team whenever I get this game.

Screenshots are good, and I like the way you can customize these eras of football. I don't think I'll be going back in time, but it's great to see how you can.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI