RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

jjax -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/7/2006 7:52:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japanese_Spirit

Anyway, despite this good news, development time for the new Matrix Edition is still on going and from what I believe, it could take a while for the new edition to be released. That is why I am interested in purchasing the original Talonsoft version of TOAW: Century of Warfare.

Maybe matrix is taking a page from disney. You know, removing the game from the market for a long period of time, raise the demand, and sell it for full price. Disney does it all the time with their old movies.

Then again, maybe not. 50 usd does sound like alot for a upgrade. I dont think you guys ( guys and gals from matrix) are justified in calling it TOAW III from what i have been reading. But im waiting for a release before i start the real complaining [;)]

golden delicious -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/7/2006 6:30:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax

Then again, maybe not. 50 usd does sound like alot for a upgrade. I dont think you guys ( guys and gals from matrix) are justified in calling it TOAW III from what i have been reading. But im waiting for a release before i start the real complaining [;)]

Depending on how many designers migrate to the new version (or new designers appear using it), and to a lesser extent players, it may be that if you want to play TOAW past Summer 2006, it'll more or less have to be Matrix's version.

We'll see how definitive the changes are. Thinking about it, just twice as many events and more EEVs would substantially extend the scope of design.

David Heath -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/8/2006 6:21:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japanese_Spirit

Anyway, despite this good news, development time for the new Matrix Edition is still on going and from what I believe, it could take a while for the new edition to be released. That is why I am interested in purchasing the original Talonsoft version of TOAW: Century of Warfare.

Maybe matrix is taking a page from disney. You know, removing the game from the market for a long period of time, raise the demand, and sell it for full price. Disney does it all the time with their old movies.

Heheheh Yes we been reading the business section of the paper and readly like that Disney tactic and and decided to model it. Sorry jjax I just really enjoy reading that.... ok as for the TOAW III its really more we wanted people to know this is a follow up to the older game series and not just a simple rebox edition of the old game. Granted the first release is not the final design but only a start but in the Matrix way we will be expanding the game for some time kinda in the same spirit as Steel Panthers World At War.

David

golden delicious -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/8/2006 3:11:54 PM)

Well, the features already announced bring the improvement up to a par with the changes made by Talonsoft with their own new releases (WOTY, COW). Not that that's saying much.

David Heath -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 12:07:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

Well, the features already announced bring the improvement up to a par with the changes made by Talonsoft with their own new releases (WOTY, COW). Not that that's saying much.

Well we all would like a longer list as well but gamers and our self want the first edition released before much longer. I am very happy with the work the team has done both in the upgrading of the code and the scenarios with the time they have had.

David

*Lava* -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 1:31:07 AM)

quote:

Why am I not wondering who is going to be the first to trash the game?

Ray (alias Lava)

scout1 -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 2:31:12 AM)

quote:

Well we all would like a longer list as well but gamers and our self want the first edition released before much longer. I am very happy with the work the team has done both in the upgrading of the code and the scenarios with the time they have had.

David

David, my compliments. Two posts on your part and both avoided the "when" part quite well. I hope it is before summer. And since I know your from New England, your summer starts the same time as mine [;)]

golden delicious -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 4:06:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lava

Why am I not wondering who is going to be the first to trash the game?

Your position is understandable. There is a tendency to just gush about how great any change is. No doubt there was such a tendency when Century of Warfare was in the works (before my time, sadly). Rest assured, I'm glad to see people working on TOAW, and since the current game will never cease to exist, there is no way that any of this could be anything other than positive. I just think it's worth casting a critical eye on matters rather than just blindly following along.

Don't get me wrong- I do expect to buy the Matrix edition of TOAW at some point. As I have said several times, I find the prospect of ongoing development very exciting. Just that- for the little it's worth- I would prefer it if my purchase wasn't taken for granted.

Jeff Norton -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 5:55:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

quote:

David

Hi David,
Can't wait until this gets released. I guess once getting the product out, further 'add-ons' and 'upgrades' will be forthcoming?
What, if any, is the road map for further development once TOAW3 sees the light of day?

Not being nosy, just planning my budget for 'future expendatures'...[;)]-Jeff

JAMiAM -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 8:06:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Norton

Can't wait until this gets released. I guess once getting the product out, further 'add-ons' and 'upgrades' will be forthcoming?
What, if any, is the road map for further development once TOAW3 sees the light of day?

We promise not to break anybody's piggy bank. There will be no charges for ugrades to the basic program. There are, in fact, three projects that are on the drawing board, but I will not divulge what they will be, at this early date. This is due to the fact that it will be no less than 18-24 months down the road, before any one of them will be ready, and I don't want to get people too worked up about the projects until they are much closer to release. Each of these "add-on" or expansion packs will be reasonably priced.

Why such a delay, you might ask? Primarily for the fact that Ralph and I are planning a major (free) revision to the basic program, that will probably not be ready until around the end of this year. The changes envisioned for this major upgrade, will need substantial testing, and their effects within the scope of each of the add-on's, will need to be accounted for, by the co-developers of those packages.

macgregor -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 8:32:47 PM)

[&o] I'm very happy to hear that. One of the great aspects of this game is the ever-evolving nature of it in regards to scenario design. Now to know that you all have decided to continue tinkering with the code for another couple of years- that's great news! Personally, I hope you never stop trying to make this game better. I love this game.

golden delicious -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/9/2006 11:40:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

There are, in fact, three projects that are on the drawing board, but I will not divulge what they will be, at this early date. This is due to the fact that it will be no less than 18-24 months down the road, before any one of them will be ready, and I don't want to get people too worked up about the projects until they are much closer to release.

The fact that Matrix is planning in such a long term for TOAW is pretty promising in itself. A further indicator that this won't be a 'fire and forget' release.

DanNeely -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/10/2006 2:37:12 AM)

Just remember. If not enough people buy toaw3, matrix will have to scale back or scrap the longterm plans, so buy a copy as soon as it's out so they can keep paying Ralph.

David Heath -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/10/2006 4:32:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

quote:

David

David, my compliments. Two posts on your part and both avoided the "when" part quite well. I hope it is before summer. And since I know your from New England, your summer starts the same time as mine [;)]

Hi Scout1

Heheheh I have been training on how to avoid that evil when question.... but seriously I expect it will be out before Origins but I am promising anything, every time I do I get nailed for it. I may be a slow learner but I finally do learn.

David

David Heath -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/10/2006 4:34:33 AM)

quote:

David

Hi David,

Hi Jeff

We are not saying anything for some time. We like to put all of our efforts into the first release and hear what the community has to say about it first before we make any final plans.

David

Jeff Norton -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/11/2006 7:15:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

quote:

David

Hi Scout1

Heheheh I have been training on how to avoid that evil when question.... but seriously I expect it will be out before Origins but I am promising anything, every time I do I get nailed for it. I may be a slow learner but I finally do learn.

David

Federal Service is a good teacher of the 'when' question, and the circular answers for them. Over half the drivel spoken is so archane, you forget what the question was in the first place.
Looking forward to the product, 'when' it gets here.[:D]

mamnich24 -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/15/2006 4:31:43 AM)

EBAY opportunity:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8796086547&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Even has manual.
Mike

Veer -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/25/2006 9:01:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mamnich

EBAY opportunity:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8796086547&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Even has manual.
Mike

Wow $40 bucks... I think I bought the game in 2000 for $39.99! [X(]. I still have the manual too - pristine condition. Maybe.... hmmmmmm.

Jeff Norton -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/25/2006 9:52:28 PM)

heh - It will probally be moot within a couple of weeks....

golden delicious -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (4/25/2006 10:39:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Norton

heh - It will probally be moot within a couple of weeks....

Well, not entirely. Until Matrix's TOAW can do what ACOW can do using the BioEd, the two games will run side by side.

a white rabbit -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (5/8/2006 8:45:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

..maybe as it's open code, toaw-acow should available for free download somewhere..[8D]

Dream on, Richard.

..ok, how about i lend my copy to someone....

..amazing what can be done with DSL...

ancient doctor -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (5/19/2006 11:32:31 PM)

If some older toaw versions or open code and available for download may somebody please post a link to get it?

I found throught googling only a demo-kind of-giving 10-12 rounds from Korea 50-51.It was nice but there was a problem that AI was using pockets of territory left behind-small ones-to deploy reconstructed troops.Is this a bug or a "feature" of the demo?

FWT540 -> RE: Where I can buy TOAW from still? (5/22/2006 6:03:51 AM)

I have ACOW still in cellophane, never opened or used, along with the Players Guide. I'm willing to sell for a decent offer including shipping

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI