Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Financial/Salary Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Financial/Salary Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Financial/Salary Question - 12/26/2005 9:24:26 AM   
Rhett

First off, a belated Merry Christmas to everyone. I purchased the game recently, and am quite impressed (especially coming from someone who does this as a part time job/love affair). Just browsing the forums it is easy to see Shaun's devotion to this project and his hard work. I have played OOTP in the past, and I am looking forward to keeping both of these games on my hard drive for years to come.

Now comes my question: is there anyway to have "real life" finances in place? My apologies if it is obvious or has been asked before, but I just would love to be working with contracts that are similar to those being offered today. It would be nice if I could change the league to have realistic financing (without having to edit each individual locality- i.e. Chicago Cubs have a 2005 payroll of ~100 million as opposed to the 280 million they currently have). I know it is a minor quibble, but it would add alot to the 'feeling' of being a real MLB manager/GM. FYI I am using the Lahman database for 2005. Thanks for your help, and again my thanks and commendations for being a developer who is willing to be so involved in the community!

EDIT: On second thought, would it be possible to simply edit the payroll limits of each team? My concern with doing this is twofold: a) That it would not adapt over time (ie grow to accomidate (sp) normal changes in income disparity) and b) That currently signed players' contracts would not change with the income change (ie a player's 20 million dollar contract would not drop to account for the 'deflation' of payroll). Thanks again!

EDIT2: Well I decided to just try it out, and the answer is no the player contracts do not deflate along with payroll (in fact you are given a message preventing you from changing the payroll). Sorry for this 'stream of conciousness' type of post and attempted solutions. :)

< Message edited by Rhett -- 12/26/2005 9:31:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Financial/Salary Question - 12/28/2005 2:21:06 AM   
lynchjm24

When you create a league it asks you to set the financial level. If you wanted to try and get close to real life you might pick in the neighborhood of 33%.

(in reply to Rhett)
Post #: 2
RE: Financial/Salary Question - 12/28/2005 4:53:16 AM   
Rhett

I knew it would be something obvious... Thanks!

As an ancillary question are there any plans to incorperate real world salaries into the game (or have it as an option)? I believe the contract info for players is in the Lahman database- but that might not mean anything as far as coding goes.

(in reply to lynchjm24)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Financial/Salary Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI