Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Thread!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: The Thread!!! Page: <<   < prev  1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 12:32:36 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Post work tithe.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 37231
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 12:33:18 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Ive been thinking about this all day and I think I wanna get that UFO game. Anyone wanna tell me something bad about so I dont?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 37232
RE: LOG! - 6/12/2007 12:33:27 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Apparently niceguy thinks it is about a day.

My ears were burning....

$%#! Dell!

I have this weird problem with my laptop. If I plug in the power supply the computer goes into this weird half on/half off mode. It won't respond and the screen is blank, but the power light shows as on and the HD light flickers. The only way to regain control is to reset and then reboot...sacrificing a chicken to the laptop gods doesn't hurt either...though it can make a mess of the boardroom.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37233
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 12:34:43 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Ive been thinking about this all day and I think I wanna get that UFO game. Anyone wanna tell me something bad about so I dont?

It sucks!
I actually have no idea, I've never heard of it...I just wanted to humor you.

Post #: 37234
The Thread - 6/12/2007 12:34:49 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

quote:

My ears were burning....

$%#! Dell!

I have this weird problem with my laptop. If I plug in the power supply the computer goes into this weird half on/half off mode. It won't respond and the screen is blank, but the power light shows as on and the HD light flickers. The only way to regain control is to reset and then reboot...sacrificing a chicken to the laptop gods doesn't hurt either...though it can make a mess of the boardroom.

Sounds like a weak excuse for not resetting the subject line.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 37235
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 12:36:00 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

It sucks!
I actually have no idea, I've never heard of it...I just wanted to humor you.

You have to do better than that. Its $40 but I looooved X-Com and this thing seems so much like it. Stop me before I kill again!

ADD: PLEASE HELP! I'm giving this about 20 minutes until my food's ready, and then I'm gonna DL it. Somebody stop me!

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 6/12/2007 12:40:16 AM >

Post #: 37236
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 12:56:45 AM   
Onime No Kyo

It looks like you guys are gonna be a huge help.

Post #: 37237
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:03:37 AM   
Mynok

It comes with an implant that causes you to dislike beer and sex. Does that help?

quote:

sacrificing a chicken to the laptop gods doesn't hurt either...though it can make a mess of the boardroom.

There's your problem. Chickens are for desktops. Cows are for laptops.

Post #: 37238
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:04:29 AM   
niceguy2005

STOP!

FOR GOD's SAKE...THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Post #: 37239
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:05:18 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

It comes with an implant that causes you to dislike beer and sex. Does that help?

quote:

sacrificing a chicken to the laptop gods doesn't hurt either...though it can make a mess of the boardroom.

but its really hard to get a cow into the meeting room.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37240
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:07:19 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the other hand, the boardroom is probably already so bloody after all those cuthroat deal that no one will notice.

Post #: 37241
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:07:38 AM   
Mynok

You can do it in pieces......

Post #: 37242
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:11:01 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the other hand, the boardroom is probably already so bloody after all those cuthroat deal that no one will notice.

Nah, we use a drop cloth during negotiations.

Post #: 37243
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:12:08 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

If I could get a live cow in there it would almost be worth getting fired just to see the look on peoples faces when they hear "MOOO!" coming from the conference room.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37244
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:12:53 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

It might have...5 minutes ago. As it stands, its downloading. I'm actually having a mild flashback of that one fateful day when I was sitting in my college dorm, literally counting the seconds, waiting for the greatest game ever made to finish downloading. Oh, I lost many a night beating up on the AI.

Actually, I thought about buying carriers at war, but given my synical attitude about the Solomons Campaign and the probability that it would play like either a frustrating peice of WitP that never was, or a strategically dead-ended aside to it, I decided against it. Still waiting for WitP2 to incorporate that engine into the flight ops. Yeah sure....

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37245
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:13:58 AM   
Mynok

Some good laptop sound effects would work.......Huge mooing noise then you raise your hands in the air, mutter some mumbo jumbo....and pull a huge bloody cow's head out from under the table and set it right in the middle. Then smile and say "I'm ready now."

Post #: 37246
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:14:46 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

If I could get a live cow in there it would almost be worth getting fired just to see the look on peoples faces when they hear "MOOO!" coming from the conference room.

Careful, thats how people get promoted.

Post #: 37247
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 1:57:54 AM   
BrucePowers

Mynok, how are you doing with the turn?

Oops, I meant Niceguy.

< Message edited by BrucePowers -- 6/12/2007 2:04:05 AM >

Post #: 37248
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 3:32:50 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

It comes with an implant that causes you to dislike beer and sex.

It turns you into a woman?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37249
RE: LOG! - 6/12/2007 3:33:39 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

quote:

My ears were burning....

$%#! Dell!

I prefer jingling keys to scare off the evil spirits and providing some burnt CDs as an offering.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

Post #: 37250
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 3:34:03 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

Chief's interview is done. I fell sorry for who ever has to clean all the BS I slung off of the walls.

Now we wait.....

Ok, fingers crossed......... so are we hoping you get the job or not get the job?

Yes.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 37251
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 3:47:55 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chief's interview is done. I fell sorry for who ever has to clean all the BS I slung off of the walls.

Now we wait.....

Ok, fingers crossed......... so are we hoping you get the job or not get the job?

Yes.

Wait till the chief finds out youre a JFB.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 37252
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 3:51:55 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now we wait.....

Yes.

It would help since she would think all that cultural sensitivity training finally paid off.

Post #: 37253
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 3:54:35 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now we wait.....

Yes.

It would help since she would think all that cultural sensitivity training finally paid off.

Wonder what her feelings are on the East Brunswick Co-Prosperity Sphere?

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 37254
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:09:25 AM   
RUPD3658

I just activated the Russians in my PBEM. My Thread, what have I done?

Post #: 37255
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:26:50 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Mynok, how are you doing with the turn?

Oops, I meant Niceguy.

Working on it now.

I want you to know I am making a huge sacrifice...I am going to do the turn instead of cleaning my house.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 37256
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:35:01 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I just activated the Russians in my PBEM. My Thread, what have I done?

Ummm... unleashed the fury of Uncle Joe on your poor benighted forces? Brought an earlier doom upon the Empire?? Brought shame upon yourself and your Ancestors??? (should i go on???? )

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 37257
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:37:11 AM   
rtrapasso

Wife and i just returned from dinner and seeing "Pirates of Caribbean 3" - i think we were the only 2 in the theater to see the last scene (shown after the credits...)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 37258
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:39:29 AM   
rtrapasso

Year 1241

The Holy Roman Emperor Friedrich II signs a treaty February 18 with the Egyptian sultan Malik-al-Kamil, nephew of the late Saladin, who surrenders Bethlehem, Nazareth, and Jerusalem plus a corridor to the port of Acre for use by Christian pilgrims (see 1187). Jerusalem's patriarchs oppose Friedrich's accession but he enters the city March 12 and crowns himself king March 18 in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, assuming the monarchy by right of his marriage in November 1225 to the late Iolande (Isabella), daughter of Jerusalem's titular king Jean de Brienne. Friedrich returns to Italy in June and easily drives out his foes.

Swedish magnates depose the boy-king Erik XI Eriksson after a 7-year reign and replace him with Knud, who will reign until 1234. Erik flees to Norway under the protection of his guardians but will return in 1233.

The Teutonic Knights arrive on the Vistula, having been summoned by Konrad, duke of Masovien, to protect his duchy from constant raids by neighbors in Pruzzen.

Simon de Montfort moves to England (see 1218). Now 21, the French-born younger son and namesake of the late Norman crusader will gain help from his cousin Ranulf, earl of Chester, in obtaining some confiscated estates.

Majorca in the Balearic Islands falls to the forces of Aragon's Jaime I in December (see Ibiza, 1235).

Turku is founded by Finns, who build a cathedral and make the new town their capital.

Raymond VII, comte de Toulouse, is forced to do penance at the new Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris April 12 and promises to help stamp out the Cathar "heresy" (see 1226). Albigensian Crusaders at Toulouse forbid laymen to read the Bible, which has not been translated into anything but Greek and Latin and will not be for centuries to come. The crusade as such ends after 20 years, but persecution of Cathars will continue (see inquisition, 1233).

EDIT: Year 1242

The Teutonic Knights invade Novgorod, whose leaders invite Aleksandr Nevski to return and help them repel the invaders (see 1240; religion, 1237). The late Pope Gregory IX encouraged the Knights to "Christianize" the Baltic region, but the Battle on Lake Peipus April 5 ends in a victory for Aleksandr, who stops the Knights in a savage struggle on the ice between Lake Piepus (Chud) and Lake Pskov in Livonia. The battle ends in a massacre; some of the Knights, laden with heavy armor, crash through the ice in their flight and are drowned, others are taken captive.

England's Henry III invades France to support feudal lords in the south who have rebelled against Louis IX, but Henry meets with defeat at Saintes in Poitevin and escapes death or capture largely through the help of his brother Richard, earl of Cornwall and Simon de Montfort, earl of Leicester, who have returned from their crusade in January after refortifying Ascalon and negotiating an advantageous treaty. Richard's prompt retreat at Saintes and subsequent diplomacy at Taillebourg save Henry; Aquitaine and Toulouse will soon submit to the French king, and the coalition of rebellious barons will collapse.

Hugh de Lacy, earl of Ulster, dies in Ulster December 26 at age 66, leaving no legitimate heirs. His earldom reverts to the crown.

The Holy Roman Emperor Friedrich II pays a short visit to his German realms that have been threatened earlier by the Mongols. He gains some support by granting extensive privileges to certain towns.

The Mongol and Turkic Golden Horde regroups at Sarai on the lower Volga under the command of Batu Khan (see 1240; 1243).

Il Statuto Veneto (or Il Statuto Giacomo Tiepolo) is promulgated for Venice under the rule of its doge Giacomo Tiepolo; it requires that a husband render to his wife an account of his use of her dowry, with control of the capital sum remaining in her hands; an unfaithful wife forfeits her dowry, a widow enjoys her husband's patrimony until she remarries or dies, and should a couple renounce secular life their combined property is shared equally, with each free to do what he or she likes with the money and with parents providing for any underaged children on an equal basis (year approximate).

Venice's Grand Doge Giacomo Tiepolo carries on naval and military expeditions while settling factional disputes; his wife, Valdrada, devotes her time to supporting trading companies (year approximate).

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 6/12/2007 4:57:08 AM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 37259
RE: The Thread!!! - 6/12/2007 4:39:47 AM   
alaviner

quote:

quote:

It comes with an implant that causes you to dislike beer and sex.

It turns you into a woman?

not a woman --- a wife

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 37260
Page:   <<   < prev  1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: The Thread!!! Page: <<   < prev  1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI