Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions/Comments on PS Gold 2005

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Questions/Comments on PS Gold 2005 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions/Comments on PS Gold 2005 - 2/6/2006 11:06:22 PM   
Campy

OK, i have downloaded BryanK's new database and I am going to run my next sim on it.

Some observations from my first 10 sims. I simmed the period of 1920-1958 using real players. I changed stadiums and regions as they happened in real life with the exception of Clevelands split between Leauge Park and Municipal (once Muni opens, I have Cle play all their games there) and I don't have Boston (A) play any of their games at Braves Field.

Game Play:

Things I would like to see in future versions:

1. Ability to look at an in-progress box scores and/or game logs during a game.
2. Hitting streaks, pitcher scoreless inning streaks and other minor statistical records included.
3. All time post season and single post season records kept.
4. Selection of Post season MVPS and post season PSPN report
5. More in game managerial strategy -- warming up bull pen, suicide squeeze, holding runners, bunting for a hit, and being able to pitchout. Moving fielders locations for certain batters would be nice to.
6. Ability to control expansion.

Pitcher Endurance: I set every manager tendency to extreemely patient and still pitchers are getting pulled early. after reseraching, it appears that pitch counts trigger this...a lot of starters have pitch counts that put them "over the limit" after 70 pitches. Can someone pooint me in the right direction to modify that issue? Is there a way to modify it thru changing their endurance rating on their player card? The issue of pitch counts is the most troubling one I have so far.

AI Observations:

AI GM's do not value "future" talent enough in historical replays. It is too easy to trade for superstar players in their rookie year.

Statistical observations:

K's and Homers: Both of these are not happening with the frequency they should so far. Babe Ruth has only hit 50 homers once in the ten sims I have done and I had to move the homers slider to 78 to achieve that. Likewise, K's in the simmed associations are lower than in real life. I suspect these have to do with the keeping the "average" major leaguer in the sim the same as in real life. In other words, Babe Ruth and Bob Feller were statistical anomalies and the sim model can't allow them to have monster years as that will pull up all homers and strikeouts.

Stolen Bases: Computer manager steals a lot of bases, even on average. It is not uncommon in my sims for players to have 80-90 stolen bases

Strikeouts: K's don't happen with enough frequency...similar issue to the homer issue. I have tried moving the slider but tyo no avail...I believe this issue arises from the

Finally, I have some questions as they relate to the PSPN cast. I have not messed with these settings yet as it appears in the manual that they might affect the results of these settings. Is this true? If I change the look of the PSPN cast will it affect the stats and the results?

Another question I had was about the add-in modules. Two of them appear useful...what is the purpose of the other two?

Overall, love the game and have had a lot of fun playing it. I did a lot of research on what game to buy and I'm glad I got this one.

< Message edited by Campy -- 2/7/2006 4:32:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions/Comments on PS Gold 2005 - 2/6/2006 11:15:08 PM   
redeck

i have seen the same problem with the homers and ks evean after adjusting sliders.

after 53 swasons played my all time single season HR leader had 42 in 140 games, he leads the next cloesest player by 7.

the ks have started to come around but still not enough.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to Campy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Questions/Comments on PS Gold 2005 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI