Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kick off is about to start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Kick off is about to start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kick off is about to start - 2/16/2006 5:03:45 PM   
Lions

Hi guys,

I have been reading the forms and finally would like to say a few thoughts...

Well every football fan love to see the kick off commence but I when the game comes out I will creat my own league using CFL rules of course. I set the number of teams, players, and all the uniforms etc...I say I am looking at another two to three days before I can really play the game. I guess it is worth the wait since I can now play with CFL rules.
Post #: 1
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/16/2006 9:52:43 PM   
Marauders

Without looking at your profile, I will guess that you are from B.C. eh?

Welcome to the boards!

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 2
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/16/2006 11:06:34 PM   
Lions

Maraunders,

Without looking at your profile, I will guess that you are from B.C. eh?

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks,

I have been a Maximum Football fan from the old site before they moved to Matrixgames (My name was sladebuck in the old forms). I am from Vancouver BC next door to Dave Winter (just kidding) I think Dave lives on Vancouver Island. But in any case the BC Lions are one of the teams in the CFL. I was orginally from Calgary and there is a CFL team called the Calgary Stampeders. So I have switched sides since I am BC Lions season ticket holder.

I have also looked at other questions from the forms about the CFL passing yards and rushing yards in the game. I am not surprise to see a game with 400 passing yards and 200 rushing yards in a single game because the CFL field is way wider than the NFL. Keep in mind that the players speically the OL men recorvery is about 20 seconds before a the next play is set. In the NFL, the OL men have 40 seconds to recover. So in terms of fitness recovery levels are very different. You cannot compare the CFL vs NFL and state to say one is better than the other. Both leagues have different set of rules but both are fun to watch.

For those who never seen a CFL game, perhaps you can order direct tv in the states and get the satellite channels and watch some CFL games. The CFL game is way faster in recovery time, and the stop clock is 3 minutes before the 2nd and 4th quater. The NFL has a 2 minutes in 2nd and 4th quaters.

As a CFL fan I am glad there is a CFL computer game coming out and I am looking forward to play some mean football with Clagary!

I do train CFL players and right now I am whipping them into great shape!!!!

Talk you you guys soon.

Sladebuck
Go BC Lions!!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/16/2006 11:31:10 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I am from Vancouver BC next door to Dave Winter (just kidding). But in any case the BC Lions are one of the teams in the CFL. I was orginally from Calgary and there is a CFL team called the Calgary Stampeders. So I have switched sides since I am BC Lions season ticket holder.

Treachery! Actually, I have been a semi-fan of both the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (just north of the border) and the Edmonton Eskimos (Warren Moon era). B.C. has the coolest logo though!

quote:

I have also looked at other questions from the forms about the CFL passing yards and rushing yards in the game. I am not surprise to see a game with 400 passing yards and 200 rushing yards in a single game because the CFL field is way wider than the NFL. Keep in mind that the players speically the OL men recorvery is about 20 seconds before a the next play is set. In the NFL, the OL men have 40 seconds to recover. So in terms of fitness recovery levels are very different. You cannot compare the CFL vs NFL and state to say one is better than the other. Both leagues have different set of rules but both are fun to watch.

The game in question was under American default rules. There is no CFL team in Washington.

The rushing statistics, which were the major concern, were at 350 yards. That is about double what should be expected for either league. Rushing yards in the pass-centric CFL are generally lower than in the NFL.

quote:

For those who never seen a CFL game, perhaps you can order direct tv in the states and get the satellite channels and watch some CFL games. The CFL game is way faster in recovery time, and the stop clock is 3 minutes before the 2nd and 4th quater. The NFL has a 2 minutes in 2nd and 4th quaters.

I used to watch quite a bit of CFL games when the league was featured on ESPN back in the 1980's. I also watched some on ESPN 2, but coverage was spotty at best.

quote:

As a CFL fan I am glad there is a CFL computer game coming out and I am looking forward to play some mean football with Clagary!

Being able to play Canadian rules should be a nice change - especially for Canadians.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/17/2006 8:08:22 PM >

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 4
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/17/2006 12:12:30 AM   
Lions

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

I am from Vancouver BC next door to Dave Winter (just kidding). But in any case the BC Lions are one of the teams in the CFL. I was orginally from Calgary and there is a CFL team called the Calgary Stampeders. So I have switched sides since I am BC Lions season ticket holder.

Treachery! Actually, I have been a semi-fan of both the Winnipeg Jets (just north of the border) and the Edmonton Eskimos (Warren Moon era). B.C. has the coolest logo though!

quote:

The game in question was under American default rules. There is no CFL team in Washington.

The rushing statistics, which were the major concern, were at 350 yards. That is about double what should be expected for either league. Rushing yards in the pass-centric CFL are generally lower than in the NFL.

quote:

I used to watch quite a bit of CFL games when the league was featured on ESPN back in the 1980's. I also watched some on ESPN 2, but coverage was spotty at best.

quote:

Being able to play Canadian rules should be a nice change - especially for Canadians.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/17/2006 12:27:13 AM   
Lions

Well,

Well there are some CFL players who have rushed a lot in a single game....

2005 – Roberts solidified his reputation as one of the CFL’s most exciting players by posting one of the best individual seasons ever recorded by a Bomber player. He rushed for a career-best and a CFL-best 1,624 yards in 18 games, which was nearly 200 yards better than Calgary’s Joffrey Reynolds who finished second in the CFL rushing derby. It was the second time in his career that Roberts lead the league in rushing yardage in a season. He also did it in 2003. Roberts’ 290 rushing attempts were also tops in the CFL.

But even if you used NFL settings for rushing styles take a closer look at BALTIMORE (Sept. 14, 2003) -- Baltimore Ravens running back Jamal Lewis broke the NFL's single-game rushing record with 295 yards on 30 carries in Baltimore's 33-13 victory against Cleveland.

Seattle RB Shawn Alexander is not far off to break a single rushing record in a single game. He might do it next season. He did managed to score 27 td's this season.

Sladebuck

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 6
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/17/2006 8:28:50 AM   
David Winter

quote:

I think Dave lives on Vancouver Island.

Nope, Dave lives in Burnaby (a burb of Vancouver for those that don't know). I lived on the Island when I was in the Navy.. but was never really there. Spent two years "living" in Victoria but was really only there about 8 weeks...

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 7
RE: Kick off is about to start - 2/17/2006 5:31:22 PM   
Lions

David,

You are about 15 minutes from where I live. The distance from Marpole area to Boundry Road (the border bewtween Vancouver and Bunraby). So I wondering if you like the Saskachewan Roughriders or the BC Lions?[image][/image]

Sladebuck

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Kick off is about to start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI