Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about buying the game....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question about buying the game.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about buying the game.... - 2/21/2006 9:00:19 PM   
pslamp32

Hi, longtime lurker here. I hadn't checked up on this game for months when just last night I popped in for a check see. Lo and behold! I never thought this day would come. Weird that I would be drawn back to the site on the cusp of release. Are there higher powers at work here? LOL. I had a couple of questions regarding the game.
First, will this be the primary site for the game as far as 3rd party adds, mods and such? I'm no programmer so I really rely on the expertise of others to upgrade the games I play. Used to love those High Heat sites. I know it hasn't even released yet, but was wondrin' if this will be the site for getting the latest upgrades or is there a site I haven't found yet?
Second, I don't think I can wait a week to get the 'download and hard copy option'. I think I'd go nuts! I also don't want to pay twice for the game (Well at least until MF2). So the question is, If I just download tonight, can I just burn the download onto a disc to have a hard-copy backup? Probably a stupid question, sorry if it is.
Lastly, I've seen a bunch of stuff on the site devoted to NCAA and CFL. Is anybody planning on doing NFL rosters, unis and such? That's what excites me the most. Was hoping some of the modders out there will be doing some stuff for NFL.
Anyways, thanks to Wintervalley and Matrix! Can't wait. If it wasn't for FBPro I would have never bought a computer in the first place. I was living in Atlanta for the Super Bowl back in '94 I believe. They were promoting FBPro at one of the Super Bowl events. I saw that game and went down to the store the next day to buy my first real computer. (my original Commodore Vic 20 didn't count) Lol, I had to buy an extra 1MEG ram chip for the computer because the game needed 2MB and my NEW computer had only 1MB. Funny story. I'm getting that feeling again for this game! Sorry for the long rant. Can't wait. -Peter
Post #: 1
RE: Question about buying the game.... - 2/21/2006 9:11:04 PM   
zowee77

Your question has done been answered In the forum heading titled "Release Question".

(in reply to pslamp32)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about buying the game.... - 2/21/2006 9:14:32 PM   
pslamp32

Well, I read that thread and maybe I missed it but I don't recall it answering my question. I guess I'll read through again.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about buying the game.... - 2/21/2006 9:28:02 PM   
pslamp32

quote:

ORIGINAL: pslamp32

So the question is, If I just download tonight, can I just burn the download onto a disc to have a hard-copy backup?

Maybe you misunderstood the question. Just wanna know if I choose 'download' instead of waiting for 'download + hardcopy' that I'll be able to copy my downloaded version for backup purposes. I guess what I'm saying is, will the downloaded version be the same as the hard copy I would get from Matrix if I burn it to a disc. If so, I would assume there is no need to wait for the option to get download+hard-copy, correct?

(in reply to pslamp32)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about buying the game.... - 2/21/2006 11:15:54 PM   
Matt G

You should be able to just take your downloaded file and burn it onto a CD. The Box delivery option would be more for those with an internet connection that would prohibit downloading a file that size, or for those that want the actual box and Cd case with the art, etc...

I'm going with the download only option and just burning a CD for backup.

(in reply to pslamp32)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question about buying the game.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI