Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

front page football 98

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> front page football 98 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 1:29:21 AM   
toast1959

Just wondering about the game. It's been awhile since I played it, just before the 99 version, debacle was released. I see front page 98 is available for purchase on some sites and since I no longer have my copy I was wondering if I should go ahead a buy another copy. The games not expensive and I've been itching to get into a sim like front page for a long time. Since max football seems to be delayed indefinately I wouldn't mind getting back into front page again. Can any of you who have played the game recently comment on whether it's still a viable game these days? Has time passed it by or is there still enjoyment to be had, and will it run on todays computers?

toast
Post #: 1
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 2:31:51 AM   
wheeljack12

Here's a better question for you, what OS do you have? Because I wouldn't be riding on the fact that pre win xp games will work on that OS 100% of the time. I wouldn't be so impatient, a installer issue I don't think would be a big issue (it won't take 5 years to fix) vs. what we have waited for so far.

(in reply to toast1959)
Post #: 2
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 3:41:09 AM   
KWhit

quote:

ORIGINAL: wheeljack12

Here's a better question for you, what OS do you have? Because I wouldn't be riding on the fact that pre win xp games will work on that OS 100% of the time.

Hmmm....

I wonder if that's the issue with MF.

(in reply to wheeljack12)
Post #: 3
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 3:48:18 AM   
frunky

I have it running on Win XP
The only thing I had to do was set it to Win95 compatibility mode

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to KWhit)
Post #: 4
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 3:59:11 AM   
armyofone

Go here: FB Pro World

I think you'll find what your looking for.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 5
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 6:39:24 AM   
Marauders

quote:

KWhit

quote:

wheeljack12

Here's a better question for you, what OS do you have? Because I wouldn't be riding on the fact that pre win xp games will work on that OS 100% of the time.

Hmmm....

I wonder if that's the issue with MF.

There is always an issue with operating systems, CPU speed, graphics cards, drivers, sound cards, and memory for any program written for a PC. That is one reason that there are so many developers for closed box consoles rather than for the PC.

As per the FAQ, Maximum-Football has been under beta testing for Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. It uses DirectX to keep the graphics working across the three operating systems. Operating system compatability is not an issue with the delay.

For people that want to do league play, Maximum-Football has many features that made FBPro hard to customize. Maximum-Football is much more versatile in creating leagues and in rules of the league. Maximum-Football also allows uniform and stadium art to be used.

FBPro'98 has some nice third party league programs, but most of those are being supported less and less as the game gets older. I hope that there is third party development for Maximum-Football for commissioner and front office features.

(in reply to KWhit)
Post #: 6
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 9:13:48 AM   
toast1959

Thanks Frunky and armyofone for answering my question. I'll give it a go. It's been awhile, but it was my all time favorite pc game and the reason I bought a pc to begin with, just like 4th and inches was why I bought a commodore 64 way back when.

toast

< Message edited by toast1959 -- 2/23/2006 9:29:24 AM >

(in reply to toast1959)
Post #: 7
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 6:41:11 PM   
redwolf1

'97 is available as a free download here: http://www.download.com/Front-Page-Sports-Football-Pro-97/3000-7427-863721.html?part=winmp&subj=dl&tag=feed&jump=winmp

'95 is available here: http://www.squakenet.com/abandonwarering/site.asp?url=http://www.the-underdogs.org/&lang=us

I think '98 is available somewhere as well...will have a look...

(in reply to toast1959)
Post #: 8
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 6:51:05 PM   
armyofone

It is available, just check out the forums in the link I posted above.

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 9
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 7:20:02 PM   
Guderon

I played FBPro 97 until I wore out a hard drive many years ago. I would still be playing it except that the draft was horribly broken and made the career mode pretty much unplayable after a few seasons. The quality of the new players in the draft was nowhere near what they needed to be in order to sustain an ongoing league. And yeah, I know utilities were made to address that problem (Sundby's 'Drafty' comes to mind) but I wasn't ever able to figure out the proper input ranges to make the drafts work like they needed to. I've never seen FBPro 98, so my questions are 1) Did they fix the draft problem? and 2) will it run on XP?

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 10
RE: front page football 98 - 2/23/2006 11:55:40 PM   
Dean Houston

i hear this game will be more better than FPS.

i love Maximum Football.

ok bye.

I am the greatest QB in all of text-sim football.

(in reply to Guderon)
Post #: 11
RE: front page football 98 - 2/24/2006 2:27:40 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

in creating leagues and in rules of the league. Maximum-Football also allows uniform and stadium art to be used.
Obviously Maximum ootal wil be better, it's much newer and updated, so its not a good comparison compare maximum football to sumthing like madden (in my opinion I think they're pretty close)

(in reply to Dean Houston)
Post #: 12
RE: front page football 98 - 2/24/2006 9:10:36 AM   
toast1959

armyofone, i downloaded football pro 98 to cd, but can't get it to install. Any ideas?

toast

(in reply to toast1959)
Post #: 13
RE: front page football 98 - 2/24/2006 2:08:02 PM   
armyofone

That download is a cd image copy. Meaning you will need to copy it to a a CD and then install. I did it some time ago after my store bought FB 98 CD crapped the bed.

If I remember correctly, just copy the image file to a CD using a CD creater program, and then install it onto your hard drive.

Let me if you have problems with that and I'll look into it more.

(in reply to toast1959)
Post #: 14
RE: front page football 98 - 2/24/2006 3:13:49 PM   
QBPR

You can also use an image mounting program like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. They simulate an CD drive on your PC and load the image just like it was already burned to a CD. Alcohol is a pay program but Daemon Tools is free. There's also others if you do a google search.

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> front page football 98 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI