Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hut, hut, sack!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Hut, hut, sack! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hut, hut, sack! - 3/4/2006 8:41:38 PM   
Breeze

I'm seeing quite a few plays where the QB takes the snap and is immediately sacked. It's as if the offensive line isn't even there.

I saw somewhere where we had to press 2 to send people in motion (that should be automatic IMHO but I can live with it) but I don't think any of the stock plays even have motion. Or at least, I haven't seen one yet.

Any other workarounds for this? I've gotten some quick sacks on defense, so it's not just my QB being hung out to dry.
Post #: 1
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/4/2006 11:56:07 PM   
Magnum357

Ya, I have had that happen to me aswell. It could just be just a play design issue as most of the Stock Plays that came with the game are not all that great, but it could be a bug with the Offensive line, not sure.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 2
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 12:34:48 AM   
JosephL

I believe this is a play design issue that happens for SOME teams due to certain stats. I see this with some "I" formation plays where the QB will run backwards but the HB either doesn't move fast enough or moves too fast and collides with the QB- in essence "pushing" him towards the offensive line. The result is he gets tagged seconds after the snap.

I haven't seen it with any other plays... so see if you can figure out if there's a specific play/team combination that is causing it :)

-Joe

Joseph Lieberman

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 1:04:55 AM   
Marauders

quote:

I saw somewhere where we had to press 2 to send people in motion (that should be automatic IMHO but I can live with it) but I don't think any of the stock plays even have motion. Or at least, I haven't seen one yet.

Sending people was discussed in beta. I liked the motion to go automatically, but there were reasons to keep it up to the player.

If it did go automatically, it would negate plays that are created to have motion based on a read from the player. It also gave the player more control of events like snapping the ball.

There are plays that have motion in the game. Some of them don't work as well if you do not send the man.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 4
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 6:38:42 AM   
Breeze

Yeah I was thinking that it's just a play design issue. Since I don't know squat about what constitutes a good play (especially on defense), I'll wait for some plays to come out and we'll see what happens.

The Boston QB is a scrambler, so that helps sometimes

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 8:01:41 AM   
Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: JosephL

I believe this is a play design issue that happens for SOME teams due to certain stats. I see this with some "I" formation plays where the QB will run backwards but the HB either doesn't move fast enough or moves too fast and collides with the QB- in essence "pushing" him towards the offensive line. The result is he gets tagged seconds after the snap.

I haven't seen it with any other plays... so see if you can figure out if there's a specific play/team combination that is causing it :)

-Joe

It has nothing to do with the offensive formation - as long as the QB is lined up right behind center, this can happen. I'm not sure we're even talking about the same thing - in my case the QB isn't getting sacked "seconds" after the snap - it's more like half a second.

I'll have to dig a little deeper to see if any particular defensive plays are causing this. If the game let me play with instant replays on it'd be a lot easier

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 6
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 8:12:57 AM   
Deft

I think it is formation. I-formations lineup the FB too close to the QB resulting in a traffic jam. Go to your i-formations and move the fullback and tailback back.

I went and changed my formation and this doesn't happen anymore.

< Message edited by Deft -- 3/5/2006 8:25:19 AM >

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 7
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 8:58:04 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

Yeah I was thinking that it's just a play design issue. Since I don't know squat about what constitutes a good play (especially on defense), I'll wait for some plays to come out and we'll see what happens.

The Boston QB is a scrambler, so that helps sometimes

How do u scramble? I love to scramble!!!

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 8
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/5/2006 5:11:58 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deft

I think it is formation. I-formations lineup the FB too close to the QB resulting in a traffic jam. Go to your i-formations and move the fullback and tailback back.

I went and changed my formation and this doesn't happen anymore.

Not necessarily. My guys were in a split back formation so there was plenty of room for the QB to go straight back without bumping into anyone. My backs were told to BLOCK BACKFIELD and that did not help - the QB got sacked before the backs could get into action.

It seems the center gets creamed every time and the DL is too quick for the QB. Of the teams I tried with the play (stock teams) only Oakland was able to keep the DL out. I did not check the stats for the Oakland center.

It helped a lot to change the MOVE TO command to the DROP BACK TO POINT command - though that command is rather confusing (as are several other ones).

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 9
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/6/2006 4:15:10 AM   
mark1726

I was having a problem with this too and wondered what was going on. I didn't have it with most of the stock plays, but then I made my own play and I was sacked everytime by the DT evading the guard. I even made the DT to have low stats (low weight and low block avoidance) and this didn't help.

What I found was that I wasn't having the QB drop straight back but off to the side a bit, so the DT went right for the QB at an angle and the guard never engaged him. By changing to the standard straight drop back the DT properly gets caught up with the guard and everything was fine.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 10
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/7/2006 12:00:54 AM   
Passacaglia

When I played Joe Montana, I used to have tons of fun playing as the nose tackle, and hitting TACKLE as soon as the ball was snapped, and getting a sack. Good times.

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 11
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/7/2006 12:18:14 AM   
StampsFan

Maybe this explains the problem...

Sorry David, couldn't resist...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1065457

(in reply to Passacaglia)
Post #: 12
RE: Hut, hut, sack! - 3/7/2006 12:46:05 AM   
coachtodd

What I have found was that in developing plays if you don't have the quarterback "drop back" -- if it is a "move-to" command, it will be an automatic sack.

Also, as stated before, the quarterback has to drop straight back. After he drops back straight, you can roll him in any direction, but moving the quarterback in any angle except a straight drop is an automatic sack.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Hut, hut, sack! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI