Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

With a lil' Community Support.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> With a lil' Community Support..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 3:36:54 AM   
GridIronGestapo

This game could be what we lost back in 99 with the FPSFB99 Debacle......

Ohhh my god!!! another mention of the "Holy Grail" of all football games for the PC platform. If your an old baller such as my self, just about any football game is going to be compared to FPSFBPro....Madden still gets compared to it even with its killer graphics.

Its not fair, but thats the status quo......

With that being said, MXFB does have its issues, can they be fixed? will they be fixed? I am pretty sure they will. What we have here that we didnt have in 99 is a place where we can hammer out the gory hooohaaa's.

Potential.......

That is a screwy word it means: The inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being. Something possessing the capacity for growth or development.

That is exactly what we have here, MaxPotential at our fingertips. "I payed 40 bucks for potential?" Well, if you lived in the great crash of 99 then you probably paid 40 bucks for nothing. Even half of the refunds were not refunded simply traded for other games of equal value. I will INVEST 40 bucks all day for Potential.

FPSFBPRO99 had one show stopper bug after another. MX does not. Yes, there are things some consider show stoppers that I would not , such is the case of having my own opinion. There is a solid base to work with here.

It will however require a community effort from here on out as well as the developer/producers in the proverbial "hot seat" to get the job done.

Just a little heads up to smack some of the naysayers into reality, the guys that scream FBPRO was the shiznit!!! the same guys that probably never even played the game just read what they missed.

I was with the series from 95 to 99 and yes the "Holy Grail" of PC based football games was still not perfect for the raging public even up to and into the 98 version. It was finally deemed the most stable it had ever been only at patch version 1.08. Only to twice more be revamped to become 1.08a and 1.08b alpha/beta. Most of us settled and stayed with 1.08b the rumored 1.09 was more of a pharce than anything to which it became known as FBPRO99 the game with more Bugs than a Baghdad Bordello.

Still up to its demise. The Football Pro series was a community effort and guys like E.A. Gelat, Sundby's and the total group effort by the VPNFL bunch was what made it the great game we all remember.

I already see guys here like Deft, nmleague, roberson, and others hard at work. There will be others come down the pipe. My expertise is in play design and league ratings accuracy from 1969-89. However.....I have become a Arena fanatic, and all my "Love" will be concentrated in that direction.

You SCREAMED for it........
You GOT IT........
Now stop being part of the problem......
Become part of the solution!

I have entered two links , I will call them exhibit's A and B.

Oh ya, I am a FANBOI!!! of any Football game with potential! and yes I do own Madden, FOF, The College Years, and TPF. I want more than text based stats, I want more than bell and whistle thumb jockey eye candy. I want .............what you want!

Exhibit A: http://www.gelat.com/fpssite/
Exhibit B: http://laker09.tripod.com/univ/index.html

Just two examples of what made the FBPRO Series the game you all loved so much. It didnt come out of the box that way.

* This post was not checked for spelling accuracy. Deal with it, or send a bug report to Mrs. Workman @ Daniel Emmett Elementary School Mt.Vernon Ohio.

< Message edited by GridIronGestapo -- 3/6/2006 3:43:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 5:01:51 AM   
Tbird

Yup
I've noticed that if you put it on college level the stats come out pretty decent in simming and playing the games

We'll probably get a better sope of things once the first patch is released.

(in reply to GridIronGestapo)
Post #: 2
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 8:45:29 AM   
Brockleigh

Well put, GridIronGestapo.

Fanboy or not, that's exactly what MaxFB needs.

(in reply to GridIronGestapo)
Post #: 3
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 8:53:22 AM   
Magnum357

Agreed. If people want MF to be a good product, it must come from the community. No more bashing of the game please, we need constructive comments to make MF a good game.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 4
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 9:04:19 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Agreed. If people want MF to be a good product, it must come from the community. No more bashing of the game please, we need constructive comments to make MF a good game.

What is considered bashing the game? Too many times ANY critisism is met with . There are valid critisisms out there. They should be embraced and incorporated into the game.

I absolutely support this game, but I want it to work right also. But it drives me crazy that there are so many people out there that say there are only a few problems and that we (the paying customer) MUST provide support for this game.

I'm sorry I've never been much of a Kool-aid drinker.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 9:11:20 AM   
denoginizer

With all due respect to Mr Winter and Matrix games. If this is how the game will be made workable then it should have been handled like PureSim Baseball. It is obvious to me that the people who beta tested this game either are unfamiliar with football or were overwhelmed with the amount of problems in this game. I have only played 2 games and I have already seen enough problems to say that this game in it's current condition, is not nearly worth $40. The original poster makes alot of sense. But expecting people to pay for your game and then beta test it is not the way to go. I too am an old Football Pro player. I hate to say this but this game does remind me a little of FBP99, especially in the PDS, which is nearly unusable right now.

Madden 06 for the PC can be had for $20 right now and takes ALOT less work to get realistic results via ratings and slider modification. MF has the bare framework of a workable football simulation but nothing more right now. Maybe by next fall it could be ready but expecting people to pay $40 for this thing right now is just wrong in my opinion.

< Message edited by denoginizer -- 3/6/2006 9:24:42 AM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 6
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 3:47:51 PM   
Deft

quote:

ORIGINAL: denoginizer
Madden 06 for the PC can be had for $20 right now and takes ALOT less work to get realistic results via ratings and slider modification.

Go ahead and support the monopoly. I have enjoyed the game so far. The PDS has issues but once you get the hang of it, it's useable. The way I look at it as an investment in an alternate to 3-D football games that appeal to adults. No, it is not on par with Madden graphically or maybe in realism. But MaxFB is an alternative, one that is not sold into the NFL one that lets the user decide what he want from the game. A metaphor would be clean energy. Switching to a green electric provider is probably more expensive and not as reliable as your old provider but if you believe in what the green company is striving for you'll live with it and try and help float the dream.

(in reply to denoginizer)
Post #: 7
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/6/2006 8:07:35 PM   
Breeze

I knew someone would bring up the "paying for beta" concept. I totally understand it.

However, here's how I see it: I've already bought the game. So the $40 is irrelevant now. And besides, I am going tog et much more than $40 worth of excitement from this game, so I have no regrets about paying.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 8
RE: With a lil' Community Support..... - 3/7/2006 4:06:45 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

be made workable then it should have been handled like PureSim Baseball. It is obvious to me that the people who beta tested this game either are unfamiliar with football or were overwhelmed with the amount of problems in this game. I have only played 2 games and I have already seen enough problems to say that this game in it's current condition, is not nearly worth $40. The original poster makes alot of sense. But expecting people to pay for your game and then beta test it is not the way to go. I too am an old Football Pro player. I hate to say this but this game does remind me a little of FBP99, especially in the PDS, which is nearly unusable right now.

***IF the game has dat many problems for $40, i don't wanna put it down but..it doesnt make me encouraged to just throw away $40, if you know what i mean

< Message edited by CFL_FAN_7 -- 3/7/2006 5:12:21 AM >

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> With a lil' Community Support..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI