Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for noob opponent…

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for noob opponent… Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for noob opponent… - 3/22/2006 9:19:16 PM   
AcePylut

… to play an inexperienced opponent (my first PBEM). Let me know what version you’re playing on, I can’t remember mine ott.

Scenario 19, 160% Jap commitment / 100% US, variable reinforcements, variable weather
Auto Sub off, Allied Damage Control On.

I’d prefer to play allies first, but if you’re as inexperienced as I am (I’ve done 2 Scen 19’s against the AI, and quit both of them after about 3 months, because as Japs I had Fortress Lungaville by then, and as USN I had sank 5 of the Jap carriers with only some minor damage to the US carriers), it won’t really matter and I can play the IJN. Watch our Pappy, cuz Hirachi’s coming to smoke your rice-ball arse. Or, watch our Rice-Ball, cuz pappy’s coming to town.

No gamey bs. I.E. no “load up the xports for Brizzy on turn 1”, no “load up all the CV’s with land based fighters and do sweeps”. In fact, I prefer to fight against someone that keeps all the original carrier aircraft groups on the aircraft carrier (damaged cv’s notwithstanding). A ship travelling on the very edge of the map is not gamey.

It would be grand if someone agreed upon “Maximum # of CV’s per TF” rules, to keep the game more “historical” like a maximum of 3 carriers per TF (be they CV’s or CVE’s or CVL’s), because I find “10 CV’s in a TF floating around the Solomons in 1942/1943” to be a bit unrealistic.

I want someone who will fight to the end.
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for noob opponent… - 3/23/2006 12:04:16 AM   
Dixie

I'm up for a game. I've got a bit of experience, but I've never played as the Japanese or done PBEM.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for noob opponent… - 3/23/2006 1:45:29 AM   
AcePylut

Sounds good.

I have version 2.41 Since my disk was scratched, I re-purchased the game via digital download and am not sure if I can take it down to 2.3 or how.

I see from your other thread that you prefer allies. That's cool, I'll play Japs.

Lemme know your email and version, and I'll adjust my game to match and send the first turn.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for noob opponent… - 3/23/2006 1:09:17 PM   
Dixie

I've sent details to your PM

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for noob opponent… - 3/24/2006 12:04:53 AM   
AcePylut

Cool. Got it :D

I'll send first turn tonite. I can do 1 turn a day for sure, more on the weekends. I usually have "online time" between 9-12 PM Central, so if you happen to be online at those times, I might be able to work in more turns. If not, no biggie.

So the above conditions are ok with you?

Scen 19, 160% Jap / 100 % US
Damage control on, auto-subs off, advanced weather & variable reinforcements.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for noob opponent… Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI