Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 12/9/41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: 12/9/41 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 12/9/41 - 4/16/2006 8:31:18 AM   
GaryChildress

Excellent AAR guys!

Alikchi, I know IS has a lot of new toys in the Ship and aircraft departments. What about LCUs? What new units, if any, do the contending sides get? Are there any changes in TO&E for any of the units? I'm curious because I've been focusing more on LCUs lately myself, trying to squeeze out what extra I can for my mod.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 151
RE: 12/9/41 - 4/16/2006 8:45:55 AM   
Alikchi2

Thanks Gary!

The British and Commonwealth get several new units (most of which would have been serving in the Mediterranean if Iron Storm's events had not occurred) and receive a few units early (see heavily fortified Malaya). Off the top of my head, 4th Indian and 7th Australian divs are available at the start of the game (the first in India, the second in Malaya). Reinforcements incoming include the 2nd NZ Div of Crete fame under Freyberg, along with a few other odds and ends made available by the end of the war in the Med. I can check my sources tomorrow if you want.

The Japanese have noticed the British reinforcement and have scrounged up the equivalent of about 4 divisions of troops from China and Manchuria. The main part is the 3rd Army under General Kawabe, composed of the 3rd, 9th, and 27th divisions. 3rd Army is scheduled to carve out a beachhead at Kota Bharu once it can be protected. About a division's worth of artilery, support troops, and smaller infantry units (brigades, etc) are also available. All of these guys have been converted to Southern Area Army and mostly placed at Taan.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 152
RE: 12/9/41 - 4/16/2006 9:13:08 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

Thanks Gary!

The British and Commonwealth get several new units (most of which would have been serving in the Mediterranean if Iron Storm's events had not occurred) and receive a few units early (see heavily fortified Malaya). Off the top of my head, 4th Indian and 7th Australian divs are available at the start of the game (the first in India, the second in Malaya). Reinforcements incoming include the 2nd NZ Div of Crete fame under Freyberg, along with a few other odds and ends made available by the end of the war in the Med. I can check my sources tomorrow if you want.

The Japanese have noticed the British reinforcement and have scrounged up the equivalent of about 4 divisions of troops from China and Manchuria. The main part is the 3rd Army under General Kawabe, composed of the 3rd, 9th, and 27th divisions. 3rd Army is scheduled to carve out a beachhead at Kota Bharu once it can be protected. About a division's worth of artilery, support troops, and smaller infantry units (brigades, etc) are also available. All of these guys have been converted to Southern Area Army and mostly placed at Taan.

3rd Army coming from Kwantung, how did you offset the assault points to keep the Soviets inactive? I was toying around with an idea a while ago of placing a kind of "dummy" base force at some out of the way location in Manchukuo with enough assault points to be able to allow the Kwantung army to pull more troops away from the Soviet border and move them into China. But then I discarded the idea when I decided to make the Soviets active. I take it you had to offset the missing assault points from the 3rd Army somehow?

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 153
RE: 12/9/41 - 4/16/2006 1:20:49 PM   
Andy Mac

You also get the Geordies of 50th Northumbrian Div quite early.

India really isnt in much danger in this mod as Singapore really is a tough nut to crack.

So 50th, 2nd NZ, 4th Indian as new formations to protect India and 7th Aus at start and I think 6th Aus arrives a little early as does 2nd UK.

British Land power is impressive but not as much as Japanese sea power !!!

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 154
RE: 12/9/41 - 4/16/2006 6:42:23 PM   
TheElf

hmmm,
Looks like my experimental propeller effects didn't work very well. I'll have to fix that Buffalo.

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 155
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: 12/9/41 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI