Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spreading the word...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Spreading the word... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spreading the word... - 4/8/2006 5:39:14 PM   
Rottweiler69

I really think this game has a progressive enough userbase to let others know about it.It was mentioned in an earlier post that this is definitely not a typical "casual gamer" game or even a game that might draw and keep typical football gamers.(Have I used the game word enough yet?)I'm talking about some of the people who supported the FBPRO series in it's peak days. There were hundreds of utilities written and I believe some of these people would kill for a game like Maximum if they knew about it.If approached in an objective "Hey check this out!" manner, I think many could be drawn in.
Post #: 1
RE: Spreading the word... - 4/8/2006 9:13:32 PM   
Breeze

If FootballSimCentral is still around, that'd be a good place to find people.

(in reply to Rottweiler69)
Post #: 2
RE: Spreading the word... - 4/9/2006 12:20:20 AM   
Rottweiler69

I posted at ONAFA. Have a few friends there and they still run a few sim leagues.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 3
RE: Spreading the word... - 4/9/2006 12:38:23 AM   
Magnum357

Hey Rott, that is a good idea, but a word of caution. I have tried telling a few Football Pro fans of MaxFB with mixed results. I learned right away that Football Pro Fans (including myself) are very critical of certain things that must be in a Football game. I would try to give them the Positives and negatives about the game and not try to say that MaxFB is superior because that will just make them mad. And be sure too tell them that the game has bugs being adressed because if it don't work on the computer, that may give them a bad taste in there mouth.

And I think I would stay away from the Front Office Football fans. I've been over to FOFC and those guys seem awfuly picky about MaxFB. They feel like the Spanish Inqusition or something.

Post #: 4
RE: Spreading the word... - 4/9/2006 1:17:30 AM   
Rottweiler69

LOL...Spanish Inquisition! Yeah, I definitely won't force my opinion.I also agree about the FBPRO guys being fairly picky. There is actually another football strategy game coming out at some point that most FBPRO guys expect to replace FBPRO. I believe it's called Division Rivals. Looks like a promising game, but it's been in developement for several years and there isn't much recent news on it.Not sure if it's been dropped from developement or not.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Spreading the word... - 4/9/2006 10:54:41 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I have heard of it. I even have had discussions with the programmer of that game, it looks to be a very good game aswell. But there hasn't been hardly any updates on his website. I think he is still working on DR, but I think it might still be a while before it gets to any type of Alpha or Beta Test.

Post #: 6
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/4/2006 7:08:39 PM   
Albert18

I'm one of those FBPro guys and am wondering how this game compares?

My complaints with FBPro were the way defense dominated the game and the bad AI where computer teams didn't know how to fill a roster.

If the game is even close I am interested.

I wouldn't play the arcade version at all.

Post #: 7
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/5/2006 1:32:59 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Albert18

I'm one of those FBPro guys and am wondering how this game compares?

My complaints with FBPro were the way defense dominated the game and the bad AI where computer teams didn't know how to fill a roster.

If the game is even close I am interested.

I wouldn't play the arcade version at all.

In MaxFB you can actually have a running game. Does that tell you something?

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Albert18)
Post #: 8
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/6/2006 3:12:28 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, but the game does have a few problems with the Passing game. I'm having a few troubles designing Pass plays exactly the way I want.

< Message edited by Magnum357 -- 5/6/2006 3:13:09 AM >

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 9
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/6/2006 6:59:59 PM   
Albert18

Exactly what kind of problems are you having with the passing game?

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 10
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/6/2006 8:19:16 PM   
BryanS1017

I am also a former FBPRO guy and I will tell you, this game is basically FBPRO in new clothes. It seems to have everything that the old FBPRO series had, the ability to create your own team personality with the added feature of actually designing you own graphics for uniforms and field logo's in addition to the ability to create your own plays and profiles. In my brief playings with the game, there definately seems to be a better overall AI then FBPRO had.

The game has some bugs, but, they are being addressed in a timely manner, sometihng that the folks at Sierra never seemed to get plus it seems that the crew on this game is actually listening to us players which is a big help.

I am currently in conversation with my fellow FBPROers from my online leagues and there seems to be an interest, so, I think if the word gets out, this has the potential to really take off.

(in reply to Albert18)
Post #: 11
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/6/2006 11:56:43 PM   
Tbird

The only problems I'm having with the passing plays is the timed passes and it did take me a while to figure out how to use the PDS system but looking at other plays has helped alot.

Another problem with the passing game is that sometimes the QB waits too long to throw, but that can be fixed if you make the receivers look for the pass as soon as they take off to the first command point. That will also make the QB get rid of the ball quicker incase of a blitz.

(in reply to BryanS1017)
Post #: 12
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/7/2006 2:03:37 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: Albert18

Exactly what kind of problems are you having with the passing game?

I"ve been told that the reason I am having troubles with design Pass Plays is that my computer is way under specs and the physics of the game is effected by the frame rate of the game. That seems kinda odd, but I can understand why that might be giving me troubles. The main problem is that the QB wants to overthrow the ball a lot, and has a lot of trouble throwing the ball directly forward. Again, this might be due too my systems low specs, it may not be a bug.

I might go with TBirds suggestion about adding "Look for pass" logic too all my Recievers Movement points. I doubt this will solve my problems, but I guess I could give it a try.

(in reply to Albert18)
Post #: 13
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/7/2006 8:44:52 PM   
Scott_WAR

Ok, let me see if I can explain how lag, video in theis case, might cause this problem.

Timing is the key word. If the QB sees the receiver at point A, and throws to point B, expecting him to be there on time, IF the video has a little lag, then that receiver, which is graphically represented, will be late getting to the spot the QB is throwing to, having been slowed down by the video lag. An overthrow will result.

I could be wrong, and if I am please feel free to correct me.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 5/7/2006 9:45:12 PM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 14
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/8/2006 11:02:50 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

Ok, let me see if I can explain how lag, video in theis case, might cause this problem.

Timing is the key word. If the QB sees the receiver at point A, and throws to point B, expecting him to be there on time, IF the video has a little lag, then that receiver, which is graphically represented, will be late getting to the spot the QB is throwing to, having been slowed down by the video lag. An overthrow will result.

I could be wrong, and if I am please feel free to correct me.

Why wouldn't the ball be slowed down by the video lag too?

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 15
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/8/2006 3:35:45 PM   
Scott_WAR

It depends on exactly when the lag is. Regardless, more things causing/having lag, only make the situation worse.

Consider a first person shooter game, where lag is always a potential issue. The bullets should slow down also, but it doesnt make things better. You will still miss very easy shots becasue your bullets are not going where you think they should. Same with the ball in this game. Lag causes it not to go exactly where intended, when it is expected to be there.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 5/8/2006 3:36:00 PM >

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 16
RE: Spreading the word... - 5/8/2006 4:22:01 PM   
Albert18

I have always thought the only way to get a serious and accurate football sim is to have a non-arcade option. What I mean is no human interaction is allowed in player movement. That way the computer can run it's calculations and then present the results.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Spreading the word... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI